Lankan Govt. and Army giving false reports on war: RamadossMay 4th, 2009 - 7:54 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, May 4 (ANI): Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) leader S Ramadoss on Monday claimed that the Sri Lankan Army and government are giving false reports on the ongoing war in the island country.
Talking to reporters, Ramadoss expressed his belief that the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) can never taste defeat in its cause for the Tamilians.
“Nobody will finish LTTE. They won’t get any defeat. They are going to win finally,” he said.
“Sri Lankan Army is giving false report. No media, international media, UN agencies is allowed there, no body is there,” said Ramadoss.
Meanwhile, speaking on the same lines, M. Venkaiah Naidu, senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader, also accused Sri Lanka of lying and said that there is no cease-fire in Sri Lanka.
The analysts have lately claimed that the support enjoyed by the LTTE among Sri Lankan Tamils will make it hard for the Lankan Army to neutralise them in Sri Lanka.
According to the Independent, the analysts say that even if the rebels in the country’s northeast are neutralised in the coming days, the movement will retain alive.
The LTTE was formed in 1976 by Velupillai Prabhakaran and since then has waged a violent campaign that seeks to create an independent Tamil state in the northeast Sri Lanka. (ANI)
- Indian MP refused entry into Sri Lanka - Feb 22, 2011
- S Ramadoss wants Sri Lankan envoy to be sent back - Oct 04, 2009
- India should help form Tamil Eelam: Ramadoss - Apr 26, 2011
- Now, Ramadoss comes in support of Prabhakaran - Apr 26, 2009
- A Sri Lankan Tamil who could have made a difference (Comment) - Nov 19, 2011
- DMK joins hands with PMK for Tamil Nadu assembly polls - Feb 18, 2011
- A year later, few in Sri Lanka mourn Prabhakaran - May 17, 2010
- A candid post-mortem of the LTTE (Book Review) - Jul 16, 2012
- Probe Sri Lanka killings, CPI-M says - Mar 13, 2012
- Yechuri wants 'justice' for Tamils - Mar 13, 2012
- Jayalalitha, Ramadoss criticise India's Sri Lankan policy - Apr 19, 2009
- LTTE tells India it is not trying to regroup - Nov 12, 2010
- Prabhakaran to blame for LTTE's demise, says Karuna - Dec 14, 2010
- Lives of Lankan Tamils still the same, says Chennai based lawyer - Jan 25, 2011
- Slain LTTE leader Prabhakaran's mother passes away in Sri Lanka - Feb 20, 2011
Tags: belief that, bharatiya janata party, cease fire, chennai, independent tamil state, lankan govt, liberation tigers of tamil eelam, liberation tigers of tamil eelam ltte, prabhakaran, ramadoss, rebels, sri lanka, sri lankan army, sri lankan tamils, violent campaign