Lance Armstrong’’s stolen bike found in CaliforniaFebruary 19th, 2009 - 4:33 pm ICT by ANI
Sacramento (California, US), Feb.19 (ANI): Champion cyclist Lance Armstrong’’s time-trial bike that was stolen from the Team Astana truck before the first stage of the Tour of California has been found.
Police said a local resident brought the custom bike, worth about 10,000 dollars, to a police station in the city of Sacramento on Wednesday. Police said the investigation of the theft is continuing, and added that they will return the bicycle to Armstrong, who is competing in the Tour of California.
According to the Daily Telegraph, the seven-time Tour de France champion had used the bicycle Saturday at a rain-pelted, wind-pounded opening of the 750-mile race that continues through the week.
Armstrong’’s bicycle was one of several stolen from an Astana team truck parked behind a hotel in Sacramento.
A lock on the truck was clipped to get inside, according to police.
Armstrong on Sunday sent out a rallying cry to the more than 128,000 Twitter members who have signed up to receive the brief text messages he routinely fires off on the popular micro-blogging service.
A Facebook group called “1 Million Citizens Looking for Lance Armstrong’’s Stolen Bike” had grown to 1,282 members by the time word of the Trek’’s return hit the Internet on Wednesday.
Cancer-survivor Armstrong, 37, retired in 2005 but has set out to make a comeback. The California race is his second on a comeback trail that started last month in Australia, where he finished 29th place in the Tour Down Under.
Armstrong intends to compete in this year’’s Tour de France. (ANI)
- Lance Armstrong''s one-of-a-kind 10K dollar bike stolen - Feb 16, 2009
- Landis reveals Armstrong sold racing bikes to fund doping program - Jul 03, 2010
- Armstrong to end international career Down Under - Oct 24, 2010
- Lance Armstrong's New Zealand holiday - Jan 30, 2011
- Dope scam: Cyclist Armstrong hires LA lawyer for feds' grand jury probe - Jul 23, 2010
- Lance Armstrong Crashes In Tour De California, Gets Eight Stitches Below Left Eye - May 21, 2010
- Rotterdam Gears Up For Tour De France - Jul 03, 2010
- Armstrong again faces doping charges - Jun 14, 2012
- Armstrong to mark European return at Milan San-Remo - Mar 04, 2009
- 'Armstrong may become symbol for decades of corruption in professional cycling' - Jan 23, 2011
- Armstrong organised a team bonding party attended by strippers: Landis - Jul 04, 2010
- Lance Armstrong retires from professional cycling - Feb 17, 2011
- 10th Stage Of Tour De France Brings In Old Memories For Lance Armstrong - Jul 14, 2010
- Armstrong 'pushed us towards' banned boosting agent EPO: Ex-teammate - Jan 19, 2011
- Armstrong won't contest doping charges, to lose titles - Aug 24, 2012
Tags: astana team, bike worth, california race, cancer survivor, champion cyclist, city of sacramento, comeback trail, custom bike, cyclist lance armstrong, daily telegraph, france champion, lance armstrong, police station, rallying cry, sacramento california, team astana, time trial bike, time word, tour de france, us feb