Lalu Yadav slams Bihar Govt. for failure in ensuring railway securityMarch 1st, 2009 - 4:43 pm ICT by ANI
Patna, Mar 1 (ANI): Union Railway Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav has severely criticised the early morning Naxal attacks on two railway stations in Bihar which led to the disruption of train services on the Patna-Howrah main line for more than seven hours on Sunday.
He slammed the Nitish Kumar-led NDA Government for its failure to protect railway property from attacks by Maoists.
“The Railways are the lifeline of the country and we cannot protect every inch of the tracks. It is the duty of the state to ensure the safety of lakhs of people who travel by train every day and the Nitish Kumar Government has failed in it,” Lalu said.
Naxals had attacked the Bhalui railway station between Keul and Jamui on the Danapur-Howrah main line in Bihar early this morning.
Another railway station at Ratnapur on the on Keul-Bhagalpur line near the West Bengal border was also set afire by around 100 Naxals.
The blast uprooted the tracks and damaged the overhead traction wires, Chief Public Relations Officer of East Central Railway A K Chandra said. There have been regular incidents of violence in the state, following the 24- hour Bihar-Jharkhand-Orissa-West Bengal strike called by CPI (Maoist) on Saturday.
While a BSNL mobile tower was damaged in Aurangabad district, another mobile tower of a private service provider was damaged in Rohtas district yesterday.
In another incident in Munger, a Maoist group beat up the station master of Ratanpur on Kiul-Bhagalpur section at Saturday midnight and set ablaze a portion of the station building. The track-changing panel and documents in the cabin of station master Lalit Kumar were gutted in the fire, Railway sources said. (ANI)
- Naxals attack two railway stations in Bihar - Mar 01, 2009
- Maoists blast rail track in Bihar, trains disrupted (Lead) - Feb 07, 2010
- Maoists blow up rail track in Bihar - Feb 07, 2010
- Train traffic disrupted, shops closed in Bihar (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Train coaches torched in Bihar (Lead) - Jun 01, 2009
- Goods train derails in Bihar; no casualties - Jul 13, 2012
- Train traffic disrupted, shops closed in Bihar - May 31, 2012
- Maoists strike ahead of Chidambaram's Kolkata meeting - Feb 09, 2010
- Maoists blow up railway tracks on the second day of 72-hour shutdown - Feb 08, 2010
- Cop suspended for not cooperating in Assam youth's death-probe - Jul 26, 2012
- Nitish, Rabri Devi file nominations - Apr 11, 2012
- 33 percent voting in Bihar polls, FIR against Lalu (Afternoon Lead) - Nov 01, 2010
- Armed dacoits rob train in Bihar, 13 injured - Aug 06, 2010
- Maoists attack Bihar railway station (Lead) - Jun 16, 2011
- Goods train derails, hit traffic (Lead) - Jan 08, 2011
Tags: central railway, jharkhand, k chandra, keul, lakhs, lalu prasad yadav, maoist, maoist group, maoists, mobile tower, munger, nitish kumar, patna, private service provider, railway minister, railway station, railway stations, seven hours, train services, west bengal