Lalu says Congress leaders humiliating himMay 18th, 2009 - 9:36 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, May 18 (ANI): Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) Chief Lalu Prasad on Monday complained to Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh that some Congress leaders had been humiliating him and some other coalition leaders during television debates.
Lalu gave the example of former Maharashtra Chief Minister Vilasrao Deshmukh’s statement that the Congress should go it alone in the Assembly elections in the state.
“It is an insult of Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) Chief Sharad Pawar,” he added.
Earlier in the meeting, Lalu and Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) Chief Ram Vilas Paswan complimented Manmohan Singh, saying he had done a good job in his five-year term as Prime Minister and the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) would reach its pinnacle in the coming years the way it is progressing.
“The mission of the coalition is to finish the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)- led National Democratic Alliance (NDA), which it has achieved in the Lok Sabha elections,” Lalu added. (ANI)
- I won't join UPA: Paswan - Jul 07, 2010
- Ansari files nomination for vice presidential contest - Jul 18, 2012
- RJD paves way for tie-up with Congress in Bihar - Oct 18, 2010
- Congress, RJD trying to confuse voters. says Nitish Kumar - Sep 21, 2010
- Bihar polls: Test of governance, rule of law in phase three - Oct 27, 2010
- Nitish Kumar's alliance heads for victory in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- In Bihar, RJD leaders feel need for tie-up with Congress - Oct 22, 2010
- JD-U, BJP take early lead in Bihar (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Pranab campaigns in Jharkhand, Lalu, Paswan also pitch in - Jul 12, 2012
- Nitish battles for supremacy in Round one (Bihar Curtainraiser - Phase 1) - Oct 19, 2010
- India's next president: still mired in uncertainty (Roundup) - Jun 14, 2012
- Lalu Prasad launches RJD campaign - Oct 06, 2010
- Cornered Congress to 'reach out' to smaller parties (Second Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
- Lalu, Paswan to tour Bihar for upcoming Assembly elections - Jul 15, 2010
- Rabri Devi out of chief ministerial race this election - Jul 20, 2010
Tags: assembly elections, bharatiya janata party, bjp, coalition leaders, congress leaders, dr manmohan singh, good job, lalu prasad, ljp, lok sabha elections, maharashtra chief minister, manmohan, manmohan singh, national democratic alliance, nationalist congress party, progressive alliance, ram vilas paswan, sharad pawar, television debates, vilas