Lalu Prasad Yadav blamed for election defeatJune 13th, 2009 - 6:13 pm ICT by ANI
Patna, June 13 (ANI): After faring poorly in the Lok Sabha elections, RJD supremo Lalu Prasad faced another blow when his close confidant Shyam Razak on Saturday quit the party, saying the RJD will be “finished soon.”
Criticizing Prasad for RJD’s humiliating defeat in the Lok Sabha elections in Bihar, where the party could win only four seats this time against 22 it got in 2004, Razak said the party had become former Bihar chief minister’s “fiefdom”.
“The existence of both RJD and Lalu Prasad is at stake,” he said alleging that, once a champion of social justice and secularism, the party had become Prasad’s “fiefdom”.
Razak, who was RJD’s national general secretary, wrote to Lalu Prasad saying he was resigning from the party and apprised him of quitting the state Assembly as well.
He sent his resignation letter to Speaker Udai Narain Choudhary, and the speaker’s office said the resignation of RJD’s core committee member has been accepted.
According to the sources, Razak is likely to join the ruling JD (U) soon.
Razak, a three-time MLA, remained a minister for nearly nine years in the Lalu-Rabri government.
He was sulking ever since he lost to JD(U) in the last Lok Sabha polls in Jamui (SC) seat and blamed RJD workers for “not working whole-heartedly” for his success.
JD(U) is likely to nominate him for the by-poll to seat, which has now fallen vacant. (ANI)
- JD-U, BJP take early lead in Bihar (Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for upcoming Bihar Assembly polls - Oct 09, 2010
- JD-U, BJP claim victory in Bihar, opposition struggles (Third Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Nitish Kumar's alliance heads for victory in Bihar (Second Lead) - Nov 24, 2010
- Lalu, Rabri upbeat after success of Bihar shutdown - Jan 29, 2010
- Lalu as chief minister? Others call it daydreaming - Aug 17, 2010
- Rabri Devi out of chief ministerial race this election - Jul 20, 2010
- Rabri Devi files nomination papers for Bihar's Raghopur seat - Oct 09, 2010
- Three RJD leaders quit, likely to join JD-U - Jul 16, 2012
- RJD to project Lalu Prasad as CM candidate - Aug 16, 2010
- RJD will review its rout: Lalu - Nov 28, 2010
- Rabri Devi files papers for Raghopur, Sonepur seats (Lead) - Oct 09, 2010
- Development overrides caste in Bihar battle - Oct 17, 2010
- Former Bihar minister, wife to join Congress - Sep 10, 2010
- War rages in Bihar between BJP, JD-U (Bihar Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
Tags: champion, chief minister, committee member, confidant, core committee, election defeat, elections in bihar, fiefdom, general secretary, lok sabha elections, lok sabha polls, mla, narain, nine years, resignation letter, secularism, social justice, stake, state assembly, udai