Lalu Prasad awards 500,000 rupees to body builder Mir Mohtesham AliDecember 18th, 2008 - 8:58 pm ICT by ANI
By Dheeraj Chandrashekar
New Delhi, Dec.18 (ANI): Union Minister for Railways and former chief minister of Bihar Lalu Prasad Yadav was at his best when he announced to award a visiting body builder with 500,000 rupees on Wednesday.
Mir Mohtesham Ali, 33, had come to the Rail Bhavan, the Ministry of Railways main office, in the national capital for a courtesy meet with the minister. The latter was highly impressed when the body builder showed him his solid muscular built.
Lalu Prasad appreciated Mir Mohtesham Ali, who is an employee with the Indian Railways, for his outstanding performance in the Musclemania World Bodybuilding 2008 contest held at Las Vegas in November, in the heavy weight category of 90 kilograms.
“This body builder won a silver (in fact, bronze) medal in a recent body building competition. He is a fourth grade employee in the Railways and I will upgrade him to the ”C” category and also give him a cash reward of 500,000 rupees. He is a young man and is doing a good job,” said Lalu Prasad Yadav, the Union Minister for Railways.
Standing 6 feet 2 inches, Mir Mohtesham Ali Khan has scores of trophies to his credit and bubbling with confidence he had participated in the Musclemania World Bodybuilding 2008 contest.
Apart from Mohtesham, another bodybuilder from India, Prakash fared exceedingly well in this contest and won the gold medal in the lightweight category.
There were five categories in which 400 bodybuilders from 26 nations participated and flexed their muscular muscles. (ANI)
- Hyderabadi bodybuilder wins bronze in world championship - Nov 24, 2008
- Sheru Classic to be held Oct 6 - Sep 13, 2012
- Awards, promotions for railwaymen winning Games medals - Oct 06, 2010
- Lalu, Mishra deny charges in fodder scam case (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Fodder scam case: Lalu to appear in court Tuesday (Lead) - Feb 13, 2012
- Anna supporters seek Lalu Prasad's support - Aug 22, 2011
- Fodder scam: Lalu, Jagannath statements to be recorded - Feb 02, 2012
- Bihar polls: Lalu's brothers-in-law defeated - Nov 24, 2010
- Railways has become 'dry cow': Lalu Prasad - Mar 14, 2012
- The Didi-Lalu joust in Lok Sabha - Feb 25, 2011
- Ex-RJD MP's relative among two killed in Patna - Jul 10, 2012
- Sangram Singh of Maharashtra crowned Mr. India - Feb 21, 2011
- Arnie's mum thought he was gay - Jan 18, 2011
- Lalu and Mishra appear in CBI court on fodder scam case - Feb 14, 2012
- Nitish battles for supremacy in Round one (Bihar Curtainraiser - Phase 1) - Oct 19, 2010
Tags: ali khan, bihar lalu, body builder, body building, bodybuilder, bronze medal, cash reward, chandrashekar, chief minister, dheeraj, good job, heavy weight, indian railways, kilograms, lalu prasad yadav, prakash, rupees, union minister, weight category, world bodybuilding