Lalu offers 11 new trains, a rail division to Bihar in Interim Rail Budget 2009-10February 13th, 2009 - 4:26 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb.13 (ANI): As expected, Union Railway Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav has offered his home state of Bihar a bulky package in the Interim Rail Budget 2009-10.
Announcing the railway budget for the sixth consecutive time, Yadav announced 11 new trains for Bihar.
Three new Garib Rath Express, Ajmer-Bhagalpur(Bi-weekly), Jammu-Tawi-Darbhanga (weekly), and Sitamarhi-Delhi (weekly) will be introduced during the budget period.
Besides that Barauni-Delhi Jansadharan Express (Bi-weekly), Saharsa-Delhi Express via Patna ( weekly), Ranchi-Patna Jansahatabdi Express (daily), New Delhi Guwahati Rajdhani Express via Bhagalpur (weekly), Howrah Delhi link service via Bhagalpur (weekly), Jamalpur-Gaya Passenger, Jhajaha-Patna MEMU would also be introduced.
In addition to it, a new railway division in Bhagalpur would also be set-up.
The budget also has recommendation for a pre-feasibility study to run Delhi-Patna Bullet train. Commenting on the on-going railway projects in the state, Yadav said construction of Rail Wheel Factory in Chapra is going-on in full swing, and work on diesel and electric locomotive factories at Marhoura and Madhepura would begin soon.
The ailing Bharat Wagon Limited at Mokama and Muzaffarpur has been transferred to Ministry of Railways, he said. (ANI)
- 43 new trains introduced in Interim Railway Budget 2009-10 - Feb 13, 2009
- List of 43 new trains announced in rail budget - Feb 13, 2009
- 57 new trains introduced - Jul 03, 2009
- Apart from non-stop services, Mamata introduces 57 new trains - Jul 03, 2009
- Six new trains sought for Jharkhand - Jan 10, 2012
- Mamata Banerjee's largesse for Maharashtra - Feb 25, 2011
- Kerala expected more from rail budget: Chandy - Mar 14, 2012
- Goods train derailed in Bihar, disrupts traffic (Lead, Changing dateline) - Jul 13, 2012
- Mixed reaction in Karnataka on rail projects for state - Mar 14, 2012
- Tamil Nadu gets new trains, integrated suburban network - Feb 25, 2011
- Major train accidents in the last six years - Jul 07, 2011
- BJP questions PM on Trivedi's ouster - Mar 20, 2012
- Railway budget disappointing: Nitish Kumar - Feb 25, 2011
- Rajdhani derails in Bihar, no injuries reported (Lead) - May 25, 2010
- Karnataka to chug faster on Mamata's largesse (Lead) - Feb 24, 2010
Tags: budget period, bullet train, chapra, darbhanga, delhi express, electric locomotive, feasibility study, garib rath express, howrah, jamalpur, jammu tawi, lalu prasad yadav, memu, muzaffarpur, railway budget, railway division, railway minister, railway projects, rajdhani express, sixth consecutive time