Lalu, Mulayam, Paswan vow to fight communal forcesApril 3rd, 2009 - 7:10 pm ICT by ANI
Lucknow, Apr 3 (ANI): Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad, Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh and the Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan on Friday vowed to fight communal forces and work for the poor.
“LJP, SP and the RJD have come together to fight against communal forces, and not against Congress,” Paswan said.
Mulayam Singh said the ‘Front’ would fight against corruption together.
“We are determined to fight for the poor. We will fight against corruption together,” Singh announced.
On the occasion, Lalu stressed that their unity would not remain confined to the period up to the Lok Sabha polls.
“We are here to show the country that we are united. We will continue to work together after the Lok Sabha polls, even in the next Assembly elections,” he added.
Lalu also made it clear that they had nothing to do with the Third Front.
“We have nothing to do with the Third Front. We are still with the United Progressive Alliance (UPA),” he added.
The RJD chief also slammed the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) over Varun Gandhi’s controversial speech.
“Varun Gandhi’s controversial speech shows the saffron party’s mindset,” he added.
Bollywood actor-turned-politician Sanjay Dutt was also present during the press conference. (ANI)
- In Bihar, RJD leaders feel need for tie-up with Congress - Oct 22, 2010
- No 'fourth front', we are part of UPA: Lalu (Lead) - Apr 03, 2009
- Samajwadi Party, RJD, LJP vow to remain united - Apr 03, 2009
- Ansari files nomination for vice presidential contest - Jul 18, 2012
- Lalu as chief minister? Others call it daydreaming - Aug 17, 2010
- I won't join UPA: Paswan - Jul 07, 2010
- RJD, LJP, SP to contest together in UP and Bihar - Mar 26, 2009
- RJD, LJP, SP to formally announce new alliance on April 3 - Mar 29, 2009
- RJD paves way for tie-up with Congress in Bihar - Oct 18, 2010
- RJD, LJP, SP to formally announce new alliance today - Apr 03, 2009
- Bihar poll-second phase: Caste arithmetic to play decisive role (Curtain Raiser) - Oct 23, 2010
- 'Fourth front' takes off from Mulayam land - Apr 09, 2009
- Sumptuous menu at UPA's dinner; Mulayam, Lalu on main dais - May 23, 2012
- Lalu, Mulayam oppose Lokpal bill - Dec 21, 2011
- India's next president: still mired in uncertainty (Roundup) - Jun 14, 2012
Tags: actor turned politician, assembly elections, bharatiya janata party, bjp, communal forces, controversial speech, corruption, lalu prasad, ljp, lok sabha polls, mindset, party chief, progressive alliance, ram vilas paswan, saffron party, sanjay dutt, unity, varun gandhi, vilas, vow