Lalu contributes over Rs 38. 6 crores for Bihar flood reliefFebruary 27th, 2009 - 6:23 pm ICT by ANI
Patna, Feb 27 (ANI): Railway Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav today contributed a sum of 38 crores 60 lakhs 6 thousand and 750 rupees to the Chief Minister’’s Relief Fund for relief and rehabilitation in flood hit areas of Kosi.
Lalu met State Chief Minister Nitish Kumar at his office and handed over the cheque.
He also handed over a cheque of two crore rupees on behalf of his party, Rashtriya Janata Dal.
While appreciating his gesture, Kumar said the state government is still awaiting a positive response from the Centre to its demand for over Rupees 14,000 crores for flood victims. (ANI)
- Lalu attacks Nitish over Modi handshake (Lead) - May 06, 2012
- Nitish close to Modi, says Lalu - May 06, 2012
- Tension between BJP, JD-U 'a drama': Lalu Prasad - Jun 20, 2010
- Lalu to march to Bihar's villages 'to expose' Nitish - May 14, 2012
- Political war gets personal in poll-bound Bihar - Oct 10, 2010
- Lalu Prasad gives compensation to victims of police firing - Sep 05, 2011
- Bihar returns Gujarat's donation for Kosi flood relief - Jun 19, 2010
- Leave BJP, Lalu tells Nitish - Aug 16, 2012
- BJP, JD-U widening rift threatens Bihar alliance (Roundup) - Jun 20, 2010
- Lalu slams Nitish for 'bowing' before Raj Thackeray - Apr 16, 2012
- Lalu's RJD backs Nitish on Bihar Day in Mumbai - Apr 13, 2012
- Nitish, Rabri Devi file nominations - Apr 11, 2012
- NDA constituents petrified by Modi's shadow: Congress - Jun 19, 2010
- All eyes on Modi after Kumar advent protest - Jun 13, 2010
- Nitish battles for supremacy in Round one (Bihar Curtainraiser - Phase 1) - Oct 19, 2010