Lalu announces free travel for girl students up to graduationFebruary 26th, 2008 - 5:06 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 26 (ANI): Railways Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav on Tuesday announced concessions for students that include free monthly season tickets for girl students up to graduation and for boy students up to 12th standard.
At present, free monthly season tickets for second class travel between school and home are provided to girl students up to 12th standard and boy students up to 10th standard.
Along with this, he has announced several new concessions for rail travel. These include concession for senior lady citizens, concession for Ashok Chakra Awardees and for AIDS affected persons.
Lalu Prasad also announced that passenger fare concession for lady senior citizens would be increased to 50 per cent from 30 per cent at present for all classes of travel.
Ashok Chakra awardees will now be provided facility to travel in Rajdhani and Shatabadi trains on card passes.
For AIDS patients, a concession of 50 per cent has been announced in second class passenger fares for travel to nominated ART centres for treatment.
Rajiv Gandhi Foundation and Indian Railways will collaborate in running a Mother-Child Health Express of seven coaches on a pilot bases for providing medical facilities to the mother and the child.
This train will be run by railways at concessional fares and would have facilities like delivery operation room and child health centre. (ANI)
- Civil gallantry awardees to get free AC train travel - Jul 24, 2012
- Railways to recruit 16,000 ex-servicemen - Feb 25, 2011
- Railways to welcome private investment in infrastructure development - Feb 24, 2010
- Railway concession for accredited press correspondents - Jul 03, 2009
- Prominent hightlights of railway budget for 2012-13 - Mar 14, 2012
- Railways accept credit card with photograph as identity proof - Aug 16, 2010
- Train travel just got better for women, youth - Jul 03, 2009
- Now call to book train tickets - Oct 19, 2011
- Railways to curb Tatkal misuse - Nov 11, 2011
- Railways to launch revamped Tatkal scheme Monday - Nov 20, 2011
- Lalu Yadav announces reduction in passenger fares - Feb 13, 2009
- India's train fares to go up for first time in 10 years (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Fare hike needed to provide amenities: Trivedi - Mar 14, 2012
- Mumbaikars cheer Mamata's railway generosity - Feb 24, 2010
- Trivedi's rail fare hike reasonable, say economists - Mar 15, 2012
Tags: aids patients, art centres, ashok chakra, child health centre, class travel, concession, concessions, delivery operation, free travel, girl students, indian railways, lalu prasad yadav, medical facilities, mother child, passenger fares, rail travel, rajdhsenior citizens, rajiv gandhi foundation, season tickets