Lakshmi Mittal replaces Mukesh Ambani as world’s richest IndianMarch 10th, 2011 - 12:17 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Mar 10 (ANI): Steel Tycoon Lakshmi Mittal has clinched the title of the world’s richest Indian from Reliance Industries’ chief Mukesh Ambani.
With a net worth of 31.1 billion dollars, Mittal has been ranked sixth in the Forbes Billionaires List of 2011, while Ambani was ranked at ninth position.
Mittal wealth grew from 28.7 billion dollars last year as his company ArcelorMittal, world’s largest steel-maker, registered profits of 2.9 billion dollars due to recovery in steel demand and higher margins in 2010, Forbes said.
Ambani ranks 9 with a net worth of 27 billion dollars. He has been the richest Indian for three years in a row according to Forbes India magazine.
Wipro founder Azim Premji is placed 36th in the Forbes’ billionaires list with a net worth of 16.8 billion dollars.
The other Indians who have made to the list include:
Shashi and Ravi Ruia: Rank 42, net worth - 15.8 billion dollars
Savitri Jindal and family: Rank 56, net worth - 13.2 billion dollars
Gautam Adani: Rank 81, net worth - 10 billion dollars
Kumar Birla: Rank 97, net worth - 9.2 billion dollars
Anil Ambani: Rank 103, net worth - 8.8 billion dollars
The list was again topped by Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim whose worth increased by 20.4 billion dollars from last year’s 53.5 billion dollars.
He was followed by Microsoft founder Bill Gates and Warren Buffet on 3rd Spot. (ANI)
- Fifty Indians on Forbes' global billionaire club - Mar 10, 2011
- India's richest lost 20 percent of wealth: Forbes - Oct 27, 2011
- Mukesh Ambani again tops list of richest Indians - Sep 30, 2010
- Mukesh Ambani richest among 48 Indian billionaires - Mar 08, 2012
- Wealth of 100 richest Indians pegged at $300 bn by Forbes - Sep 30, 2010
- Richest Indian Mukesh Ambani amongst Forbes top ten Billionaires - Mar 11, 2010
- Mukesh Ambani, Lakshmi Mittal among world's top ten billionaires - Mar 11, 2010
- Ambanis among top four Indians in 'World's Richest' club (Lead) - Mar 11, 2009
- 50 Indian billionaires in global richest club - Mar 10, 2011
- Mukesh Ambani tops Forbes' India rich list - Nov 19, 2009
- Ambani brothers, Mittal lead Forbes' India Rich List - Nov 19, 2009
- Buoyant stock market, economy doubles billionaires in India - Nov 20, 2009
- Mukesh Ambani, Lakshmi Mittal in top 10 of world's rich list - Mar 11, 2010
- Mukesh Ambani, Lakshmi Mittal in top 10 of world's rich list (Lead) - Mar 11, 2010
- Steel baron Mittal, Ambani brothers among Forbes top-ten super-rich - Mar 11, 2009
Tags: 1 billion dollars, bill gates, forbes billionaires list, founder bill gates, india magazine, jindal, lakshmi mittal, margins, mexican billionaire carlos slim, microsoft founder, mukesh ambani, net worth, New Delhi, ninth position, premji, reliance industries, steel demand, steel maker, steel tycoon, warren buffet