Kumaraswamy downplays threat to JD (S)-BJP coalitionNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:27 am ICT by admin
He said a section of electronic media was portraying his party in a bad light after JD (S) President Deve Gowda wrote an 11-point ”Memorandum of Understanding” to BJP chief Rajnath Singh.
“Hereafter, we will not set any condition,” he added.
Kumaraswamy took a dig at the media and said that his remarks had been distorted after he met Governor Rameshwar Thakur on Saturday.
He alleged that the electronic media has been unnecessarily targeting him and his party.
Kumaraswamy made it clear that his party was not withdrawing support to the BJP. But, he said that his party would not be responsible for any untoward incident that would occur after the BJP-led government assumed office.
“Neither the media nor the people should blame it,” he said.
The former Chief Minister said that he cannot be blamed for failure to transfer power and alleged BJP was responsible for the fiasco.
The President’s rule was imposed in the State on October 9 after BJP withdrew support from its coalition with the JD (S) due to differences over transfer of Chief Ministership as per the power-sharing agreement.
Three weeks after a bitter public spat, both parties came together deciding to form the next coalition in the State under B S Yediyurappa’s leadership. (ANI)
- BJP demands Krishna's resignation over illegal mining - Dec 09, 2011
- Ex-PM Gowda's family involved in illegal mining: Yeddyurappa - Sep 06, 2010
- Shock, disgust in Karnataka over BJP power struggle (Karnataka Newsletter) - Jul 13, 2012
- Krishna moves high court to quash illegal mining case - Dec 09, 2011
- Few takers in Karnataka BJP for nation-first mantra (Karnataka Newsletter) - Mar 10, 2012
- Three Karnataka ex-CMs named in mining scam FIR - Dec 08, 2011
- BJP says Congress, JD-S encouraged mining mafia in Karnataka - May 09, 2011
- Admired abroad, ridiculed at home: Karnataka's dubious distinction (Karnataka Newsletter) - Jun 27, 2011
- JDS to hold anti-corruption rally from May 6 - May 05, 2011
- JD-S denies secret pact with BJP - Jun 18, 2010
- Files on Congress, JD-S corruption missing: Yeddyurappa - May 02, 2011
- Kumaraswamy calls off fast - Jul 10, 2011
- JD-S claims Yeddyurappa's sons run trust to make money - Mar 09, 2011
- Caste-based religious leaders muddy BJP power struggle (Karnataka Newsletter) - Mar 25, 2012
- Deve Gowda family has amassed Rs.1,500 crore assets: BJP (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011