Koshiyari withdraws resignation from Rajya SabhaJune 19th, 2009 - 3:52 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 19 (ANI): Former Uttarakhand Chief Minister and senior BJP leader Bhagat Singh Koshiyari on Friday withdrew his resignation from Rajya Sabha in keeping with the directive of the party’s central leadership.
Koshiyari had sent his resignation letter to Rajya Sabha Chairman Hamid Ansari on Wednesday, apparently to build pressure for removal of Chief Minister B C Khanduri.
BJP sources said the central leadership wanted to maintain the status quo under which Khanduri would continue as Chief Minister while Koshiyari would continue as a member of the Rajya Sabha.
Khanduri had offered to quit in an apparent bid to push for a leadership change in the BJP-ruled state.
The Koshiyari camp has been demanding resignation of Chief Minister B C Khanduri, but the BJP high command, which is grappling with the situation arising out of dissenting voices from some prominent central leaders, has been in favour of maintaining status quo.
With an atmosphere of political uncertainty prevailing in the state, the opposition Congress has demanded imposition of President’s rule saying infighting in the ruling BJP was hampering development process. (ANI)
- Ex-Uttarakhand CM Koshiyari resigns from Rajya Sabha - Jun 17, 2009
- Khanduri again becomes Uttarkahand chief minister - Sep 11, 2011
- Khanduri steps down as Uttarakhand chief minister - Jun 23, 2009
- B. S Koshiyari withdraws resignation from Rajya Sabha - Jun 19, 2009
- Uttarakhand BJP's Koshiyari quits as Rajya Sabha member - Jun 17, 2009
- Khanduri to be Uttarakhand chief minister again (Lead) - Sep 10, 2011
- Uttarakhand CM Khandori asked to resign - Jun 23, 2009
- Uttarakhand CM Khanduri likely to resign over poll debacle - May 19, 2009
- BJP seeks PM's intervention to save temple - Jul 07, 2012
- Khanduri steps down as Uttarakhand chief minister (Lead) - Jun 23, 2009
- Ramesh Pokhriyal is new Uttarakhand chief minister (Lead) - Jun 24, 2009
- Congress demands President's rule in Uttarakhand - Jun 15, 2009
- Khanduri's successor to be elected today - Jun 24, 2009
- BJP's Khanduri loses in Uttarakhand - Mar 06, 2012
- BJP's endless squabbles lead to poll talk (Karnataka Newsletter) - Jul 07, 2012
Tags: atmosphere, bhagat singh, bjp leader, central leaders, central leadership, chief minister, dissenting voices, favour, hamid ansari, imposition, infighting, leadership change, New Delhi, opposition congress, political uncertainty, rajya sabha, resignation letter, s central