Kolkata fashion show remembers Mumbai terror attacksApril 4th, 2009 - 4:31 pm ICT by ANI
Kolkata, Apr 4 (ANI): Fashion designer Narendra Kumar showcased his collections inspired by the gloomy days during the last year’s Mumbai terror attacks at the ongoing Kolkata Fashion Week (KFW).
According to the designer, his superb black and white collection was dedicated to the victims who lost their lives in the terror attack.
“The whole collection was if you see the first part was white, more hopeful, sporty and fun elements. The second part of the collection was black. We went from white to grey to black. So the story was 26/11 before and after 26/11,” said Narendra.
At the fashion show, designer Manoviraj Khosla showcased a wide range of eye catching colourful party wear collection called ‘Attitude’ which was meant specially for the young people.
” My collection is called ‘Attitude’. My collection is all about party, clubbing sorts of clothes. So, it is the attitude of the youth that the youth would like to wear when they go out,” said Khosla.
Among the celebrities who walked the ramp were Bollywood actress Riya Sen and film director and super model Ferena.
The theme of the fashion week is ‘Return to Roots’ in line with the United Nation’s Food and Agricultural Organisation declaring 2009 as the ” International Year of Natural Fiber. It focus on the cultural heritage of eastern Bengal area, especially that of the weavers.
At least 35 of the country’s top models will sashay down the ram during the four-day show. (ANI)
- Men's week high on fashion, low on glamour (Review) - Aug 30, 2010
- Kolkata fashion week promotes weavers, but faces hurdles (Review) - Sep 15, 2009
- Rohit Gandhi,Rahul Khanna create 'Theatre of Illusion' at WIFW - Oct 13, 2011
- Kolkata Fashion Week to feature top fashion designers - Aug 13, 2009
- Bollywood, cricket come together for Manoviraj Khosla - Aug 28, 2010
- 17 designers to showcase couture at men's fashion week - Aug 07, 2010
- Sports joins glamour at Rajasthan Fashion Week - May 26, 2012
- Rohit Bal displays 'Shanti' with Arjun Rampal on ramp - Jul 26, 2011
- Amjad Ali Khan, Sehwag, Sameera Reddy to walk the ramp - Sep 07, 2009
- JLo's style, chutzpah inspires designer Charu Parashar - Apr 07, 2011
- Bollywood beauties throng Manish Malhotra's LFW show - Sep 21, 2010
- Flush of colours Manoviraj Khosla's show - Sep 04, 2011
- Dresses inspired by red carpet glamour in LFW (With Image) - Aug 09, 2011
- Focus on brand building at mens week (Review) - Sep 05, 2011
- Manish Malhotra brings curtains down on LFW in style - Aug 22, 2011
Tags: actress, agricultural organisation, bengal, cultural heritage, fashion designer, fashion show, fashion week, film director, gloomy days, kfw, khosla, natural fiber, ramp, sorts, super model, terror attack, terror attacks, top models, united nation, weavers