Kohima residents facing LPG cylinder shortageJune 7th, 2009 - 6:20 pm ICT by ANI
Kohima, June 7 (ANI): Consumers here are facing a gross shortage of liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), some of them being forced to wait for over three months to get a cylinder refilled.
Not surprisingly, long and serpentine queues of customers can be seen at gas supply agencies in Nagaland’s capital.
Many consumers return disappointed as the number of people requiring a refill exceeds the availability of gas cylinders.
“I heard that a truck has arrived carrying 306 cylinders. Even though there were only 70-80 people lined up, when my turn came, I was told no cylinder is left. Such attitude makes us angry. They should count the number of customers and ask those customers to leave whose number exceeds the total number of cylinders available,” lamented Zakedono, a local resident.
Agency owner blame a low scheduled plan dispatch (SPD) from Indian Oil Corporation for it.
“In May we were supposed to get 11,322 cylinders. In place of this, we have so far received 6,258 till 27. So at best, we will get 60 percent of the scheduled plan dispatch (SPD),” said K. Seyie, Proprietor, Seyie Gas Agency, Kohima.
Residents of the city are miffed with this shortage of LPG cylinders, particularly the housewives who are finding it difficult to run their kitchens.
Meanwhile, IOC officials said they have made arrangements for enhanced SPD quota of 37 loads.
However, nothing has been done to end the woes of consumers. (ANI)
- Nagaland faces shortage of cooking gas - Jun 09, 2009
- Northeast facing acute cooking gas shortage - Sep 14, 2012
- Normal LPG supply in Punjab within a week, say gas firms - Nov 26, 2010
- No cap on number of LPG cylinders to affluent - Aug 17, 2012
- Murli Deora launches 'Preferred Time LPG Delivery' scheme - Jul 14, 2010
- Government may reduce subsidised LPG cylinders to rich - Jul 18, 2012
- Northeastern India hit by cooking gas crisis - May 26, 2012
- LPG shortage hits Kashmir as snowfall continues - Jan 16, 2012
- LPG distributors up in arms against oil companies - Jan 20, 2010
- Government launches web-portal to curb LPG black-marketing - Jun 22, 2012
- Not the winter, it's Kashmiris who have changed (Letter from Kashmir) - Jan 24, 2012
- LPG prices surge in Pakistan - Mar 04, 2012
- Indane directs LPG distributors to work all days - Nov 24, 2010
- Free LPG to 25,000 BPL families in Bihar - Jul 25, 2012
- Karnataka woman minister claims threat by cooking gas mafia - Feb 02, 2011