Kochi doctor creating video album on Sachin TendulkarNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:30 am ICT by admin
“The main reason to come out in 20 different languages is to popularise and make it easy to understand among the public that Sachin has thousands of fans across India and abroad,” said Dr. Ranjit.
The twenty languages used are Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu, Gujarati, Oriya, Punjabi, Assamese, Bihari, Kashmiri, Tulu, Urdu, Arabic, English, Sanskrit and Bhojpuri.
He has used the same verses in 18 different Indian languages, including Arabic and English.
The album named ‘Shan-e-Hindustan’, meaning the pride of India, was shot at Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore and Kannur.
The six-minute-long album also features a song on Tendulkar sung by Dr Ranjit.
It cost over 10 lakh rupees to complete the shooting and production of the video album,” he said.
Dr. Ranjit claims he met Sachin and discussed the making of the album during the ODI in Kochi between India and Australia on October 2.
“The response from Sachin was ‘all the best’,” he said.
The turnaround from doctor to musician took place almost two years back without any formal know how of music or video album making. His first video album titled is “Shalu” and Sachin’s album this is his second.
He plans to release the album by December and the audio CD’s will be ready by next month.
Dr. Ranjit’s dream is to hand over the first copy of the video album to Sachin, for which he will be soon meeting him.
Though he is now getting more singing and composition assignments in the film industry, Dr. Ranjit says he will pursue dentistry and music side by side. By Juhan Samuel (ANI)
- Now, a video album in 20 languages on cricketer Sachin Tendulkar - Nov 14, 2007
- 'Kolaveri Di' crosses 50 million hits (Lead) - Mar 26, 2012
- Oomen Chandy congratulates Tendulkar - Mar 16, 2012
- 'Kolaveri Di' crosses 50 million hits - Mar 26, 2012
- I am thrilled beyond comprehension: Usha Uthup (Interview) - Jan 25, 2011
- Hype will make it tough for Tendulkar: West Indies coach - Nov 04, 2011
- Tendulkar completes 22 years in international cricket - Nov 15, 2011
- Selectors have to take a call on Harbhajan - Oct 28, 2011
- Jadeja putting pressure on Pathan: Akram - Oct 22, 2011
- Edgy, quirky music in Anurag Kashyap's 'Shaitan' (IANS Music Review) - May 24, 2011
- Toe injury rules Tendulkar out of ODI series - Sep 05, 2011
- Tendulkar crosses 15,000 Test runs - Nov 08, 2011
- Cricket icon Sachin, an example of a good person for generations to come - May 01, 2011
- Anjali Tendulkar expresses happiness over Sachin's double century against Australia - Oct 14, 2010
- Tendulkar will be available for IPL-V: Mumbai Indians - Mar 28, 2012