Knightley becomes face of Amnesty Internationals human rights campaignDecember 11th, 2008 - 11:59 am ICT by ANI
Washington Dec 11 (ANI): British actress Keira Knightley is the new face for Amnesty Internationals human rights campaign.
On the 60th anniversary of the United Nations” Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), the 23-year-old actress called upon to help raise awareness against the abuses of human rights.
She was also seen holding a banner carrying the slogan “Protect the Human”.
The Atonement star has also made a short film to mark the occasion, using the opportunity to voice her opinion on the matter.
“I wanted to be part of this film for Amnesty to help raise awareness of the UDHR and to help them, in a small way, to campaign against the abuses of human rights that are still happening every day, Contactmusic quoted her as saying.
“It seems that ”human rights” has become a bit of a loaded term in this country, but if you look at the declaration that countries made 60 years ago, it just sets out a series of basic rules about how people should treat each other.
“The UDHR is something that everyone should be aware of and be proud of as a statement of our common humanity,” she added. (ANI)
- Keira Knightley Finds Her Successful Career Unbelievable! - Oct 12, 2010
- Third time lucky Knightley - Sep 15, 2011
- Knightley wants to avoid big movie roles - Jul 27, 2012
- Keira Knightley may soon return to London stage - Sep 28, 2010
- Tannishtha stars in 'Anna Karenina' adaptation - Oct 11, 2011
- Knightley's comic act - Jun 25, 2012
- Knightley replaces Johansson in song film - May 18, 2012
- Radcliffe tops British rich list - Dec 01, 2010
- Knightley wants to work with fiance - Jul 14, 2012
- Julianne Moore to be honoured for career triumph at Rome film festival - Oct 08, 2010
- Moore to be honoured at Rome film festival - Oct 08, 2010
- Actress joins fight against people trafficking - Aug 02, 2012
- 'Anna Karenina' excites Knightley - Apr 05, 2012
- Keira Knightley's 20s Style Hair-do - Oct 07, 2010
- Keira Knightley fronts domestic violence campaign - Apr 02, 2009
Tags: 60th anniversary, amnesty internationals, atonement, british actress, declaration of human rights, human rights campaign, keira knightley, new face, short film, slogan, udhr, united nations, united nations universal declaration, united nations universal declaration of human rights, universal declaration of human rights