Kim Jong-il tours military unit amid questions about his healthDecember 1st, 2008 - 6:36 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 1 (ANI): A new set of photographs released by North Korea show its supreme leader, Kim Jong-il, appearing fit while touring a military unit, amid questions about his health.
The images, aired on state-run North Korean TV and distributed by South Koreas Unification Ministry, show Kim smiling during a visit to an air force unit.
The North Korean leader is dressed in a winter parka, brown fur hat, thick gloves and his trademark sunglasses.
A previous picture of Kim is reported to have been doctored. This image shows his shadow to be different from those of the soldiers alongside, The Telegraph reported.
The dictator praised the airmen for their diligence and urging them to remain disciplined in the face of enemy aggression, state-run media reported on Sunday.
The dispatch is the latest from Pyongyang in recent weeks portraying Kim as busy and active.
South Korean and US officials say Kim, 66, suffered a stroke in August. North Korea denies he was ever ill, but its reports have not provided definitive proof.
The report, which was not accompanied by photos, did not say exactly where or when Kims visit took place.
The KCNA dispatch comes at a time of rising tensions between the two Koreas. The North has moved to break off ties with the South.
North Korea announced last week that traffic through the North-South border would be severely restricted starting Monday, with popular tours to the border city of Kaesong halted and the number of South Koreans allowed into the North to work at a joint industrial park cut by more than half. (ANI)
- Kim's death: US in touch with South Korea - Dec 19, 2011
- Kim Jong-un signs order of battle - Aug 27, 2012
- North Korea confirms mystery woman is leader's wife - Jul 26, 2012
- North Korea's Kim Jong-un promoted to top military rank - Jul 18, 2012
- South Korea on high alert after Kim's death - Dec 19, 2011
- South Korea lifts temporary travel ban to North - Jan 04, 2012
- Kim Jong-un declared North Korea's supreme military commander - Dec 31, 2011
- US in touch with South Korea, Japan over Kim's death (Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korea to punish 'non-mourners' - Jan 11, 2012
- Kim Jong-un gets married: North Korean TV - Jul 25, 2012
- South Korea's former first lady in Pyongyang for condolences - Dec 26, 2011
- North Korea mourns Kim Jong-il - Dec 29, 2011
- Seoul hopes tensions between Koreas will ease - Jan 02, 2012
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies - Dec 19, 2011
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-il dies of heart attack - Dec 19, 2011
Tags: aggression, border city, brown fur, definitive proof, dictator, diligence, fur hat, kim jong il, korean leader, korean tv, military unit, north korea, pyongyang, south border, south koreans, south koreas, supreme leader, tensions, thick gloves, unification ministry