Kerala’s Infopark at Kochi to provide 50,000 jobsNovember 29th, 2009 - 1:07 pm ICT by ANI
By Juhan Samuel
Kochi (Kerala), Nov 29 (ANI): Once completed by the year 2011, the Infopark at Kochi will offer a low cost plug, play the BPO part and provide over 50,000 jobs in the IT/ITES sector.
Developed over 160 acres of land at the Kunnathunadu and Puthencuruz village near Kochi, the Infopark will also to promote eco-tourism.
Laying the foundation stone for the Infopark, Kerala Chief Minister V S Achutanandan said: “The Infopark will be operational by 2011 for which the allocation funds have already been allotted. Once complete, the Infopark will be able to generate 50,000 jobs in the IT sector.”
“The park’s master plan has been designed purely on eco and tourism friendly module by utilizing the possibilities of the nearby river Kadampurzha,” he said.
“The state has made tremendous achievement in IT sector which is evident with that when the government came in power there were two parks and now there are 10 such parks are underway the master plan for the same has been prepared and SEZ has also been received,” he added.
Other facilities planned include commercial and recreational zone, business hotels and employee friendly facilities like sports, healthcare, food and entertainment.
The Infopark at Kakkanad recorded total revenue of rupees 4.63 billion rupees Last year it added 2,500 IT professionals taking the total number to 9,000.
Indian IT service firms are looking to throw open their gates yet again to prospective employees as the gloom of the global recession lifts from the 60 billion dollars industry and demand for outsourcing services improves.
This is in stark contrast to the scenario a few months back when most of them had frozen salaries, promotions and, in some cases, saw their first ever declines in quarterly headcount additions. (ANI)
- Kochi Infopark readies for second phase - Oct 12, 2011
- Kerala IT floats global RFPs to build Kochi Infopark-II - Apr 30, 2010
- E&Y; to open third facility in Kerala - Apr 21, 2012
- US Consul General McIntyre visits Kerala Infopark - Jun 14, 2012
- Master plan of Kerala Technocity ready - Aug 17, 2012
- IT, BPO complex project in Kerala's Infopark kicks off - Feb 20, 2011
- Kozhikode Cyberpark gets Special Economic Zone tag - Jun 24, 2011
- Court upholds closure of Kerala's controversial mangrove park - Jan 24, 2011
- Chandy rides bicycle to launch IT Park's green initiative - Dec 06, 2011
- Kerala's new IT park at Koratty attracts tech giants - Nov 10, 2009
- Kerala promises single window clearance to lure investors - Apr 21, 2012
- Kerala mulling cutting operating costs of IT firms - Jan 19, 2012
- Government sets up panel to promote tourism - Jan 21, 2012
- Environmentalists slam move for cess on hotels near reserves - Jun 04, 2011
- Government to attact more tourists to northeast: Minister - Nov 19, 2011
Tags: billion dollars, business hotels, chief minister, declines, foundation stone, global recession, gloom, headcount, healthcare food, infopark, kochi kerala, laying the foundation, nearby river, outsourcing services, possibilities, prospective employees, recreational zone, rupees, salaries, stark contrast