Kerala tourism offers 500 tour packages onlineJune 23rd, 2008 - 6:28 pm ICT by ANI
Thiruvananthapuram, June 23 (ANI/Business Wire India ): Kerala Tourism website www.keralatourism.org presents more than 500 tour packages online as part of its dream season campaign.
Kerala, one of the most sought after destinations of India , is all set to offer value for money packages during the monsoon season.
Great value packages ranging from backwater houseboat cruises to hill station holidays and ayurvedic rejuvenation packages to monsoon honeymoon trips are being offered by hotels, resorts, homestays, houseboats, ayurveda centres and tour operators of Kerala, in response to the Dream Season Campaign, organized by Department of Tourism, Government of Kerala.
More than 230 leading organisations of Kerala tourism industry came forward with packages. Packages start from Rs. 4444, approximately 111 dollars.
All packages are grouped under the ‘Dream Season in God’s Own Country’ banner.
The campaign is designed to transform the tourist lean season in Kerala into a regular travel period. The main thrust of the campaign is to position the State as a value for money destination.
“This is a tactical campaign combining monsoon and the lean period from May to September. The attractive deals on offer will help dispel the notion that Kerala is an expensive destination,” says Dr. Venu V., Secretary, Kerala Tourism.
According to M. Sivasankar, Director for Kerala Tourism, “Dream Season will be a key initiative in transforming Kerala into an all season, 365 day destination”.
An exclusive micro-site, www.keralatourism.org/dreamseason features details of the packages being offered. Travellers can browse through and take their pick and make bookings directly. (ANI)
- Kerala announces 'dream season' to draw home tourists - Feb 18, 2010
- Kerala offers freebies for diaspora to promote tourism - Feb 17, 2011
- Tech-savvy Kerala Tourism wins national award yet again - Mar 01, 2012
- Kerala Tourism unveils 'virtual' pookalam - Sep 09, 2011
- Kerala to webcast temple festival - Mar 16, 2011
- Houseboats become USP of tourist hotspot Kerala - Apr 17, 2010
- With surplus rooms after Games, homestay tourism gets a boost - Nov 21, 2010
- Kerala Tourism wins PATA Gold award for best website - Jul 29, 2010
- Kerala Tourism wins international, national awards - Aug 03, 2009
- Kerala Travel Mart draws huge response - Aug 01, 2012
- Sup with tribals, explore wilderness - northeast beckons (With Images) - May 17, 2011
- Houseboat business struggles to stay afloat (Kerala Newsletter) - Jun 23, 2012
- Kerala Tourism sweeps PATA travel awards - Feb 04, 2011
- Cruise liner for Indian tourists flagged off in Kerala - Dec 01, 2009
- Homestay high: Himachal expects 100,000 weekend tourists (With Image) - Aug 12, 2011
Tags: ayurveda, business wire, department of tourism, dream season, honeymoon trips, houseboats, india kerala, june 23, keralatourism, lean season, money packages, monsoon season, rejuvenation, season campaign, thiruvananthapuram, thrust, tour operators, tourism industry, tourism website, travel period