Kerala hotel’s tryst with a record 50 feet tall sandwichNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:25 am ICT by admin
Rajagopal Iyer, the corporate director of the resort said, that the employees started making the sandwich at 12 noon on Tuesday and it was completed by 10.30 p.m.
“We are presenting this sandwich to the entire nation as a gift. For quite sometime now, no record has been created on food products in India. We have done this, made the sandwich and broken the world record,” said Iyer.
The giant sandwich has 350 slices of bread, each slice measuring 2.5 x 2.5 feet and weighing 6 kilograms.
It required 45 kilograms each of cucumber and tomatoes, 40 kilograms each of boneless chicken, sausage, ham, apple and mayonnaise sauce.
Further, around 25 kilograms of fish, 75 kilograms of lettuce leaves, 35 kilograms of onions and 150 kg of butter were used.
“We had some problem initially, but we broke the sandwich record eventually. A ground staff officer and one manager were also a part of this team,” added Iyer.
This giant sandwich is all set to break the world record. Also, this attempt to make the world’s tallest sandwich coincided with World Food Day, which is celebrated on October 16. (ANI)
- Giant burger sets new world record - Sep 04, 2012
- Brit granny grows 'world's longest cucumber' - Sep 20, 2010
- Qatar bans vegetable imports fearing E. coli infection - Jun 05, 2011
- This veggie shark prefers celery to fish - May 20, 2012
- Kerala resort to launch solar-powered boats - Aug 31, 2011
- Man calls 911 over a wrong sandwich - Jun 18, 2012
- Kerala hotel claims world record for tallest cake - Dec 25, 2007
- Rachael Ray in the Kitchen with Tyra Banks and Rocco DiSpirito - Oct 06, 2011
- Rachael Ray: Hugh Jackman Visits, Bobby Flay Cooks! - Oct 15, 2011
- Australian Cafe cooks the world's biggest burger - Jun 14, 2010
- Eight dead in Britain after eating hospital sandwiches - Aug 22, 2012
- Butcher breaks world record for cutting longest ham slice - Oct 30, 2009
- 1,704-meter-long noodle from China is world's longest - Mar 14, 2011
- Kovalam to get massive makeover - Sep 29, 2011
- Germany admits bean sprouts caused E.coli outbreak - Jun 10, 2011
Tags: boneless chicken, chicken sausage, corporate director, giant sandwich, ground staff, irish sandwich bar, iyer, kilograms, kovalam, leisure resort, mayonnaise sauce, o brien, staff officer, tryst, uday samudra, world food day, world record