Kerala hooch death toll rises to 19September 7th, 2010 - 2:33 pm ICT by ANI
Malappuram (Kerala), Sep 7 (ANI): The death toll in the twin hooch tragedy in Kerala’s Malappuram district has risen to 19.
The death toll is likely to go up as more people who had consumed the killer brew.
A preliminary examination of samples taken from two toddy shops shows the presence of methanol in the toddy.
Kerala Home Minister Kodiyeri Balakrishnan had said murder charges would be framed against the culprits if investigations proved that the deaths were caused by hooch.
Meanwhile, excise officials have sealed some toddy shops in the Perassanoor and Kuttipuram areas. (ANI)
- Toll in Kerala toddy tragedy rises to 23 - Sep 07, 2010
- Toll in Kerala toddy tragedy rises to 17 (Lead) - Sep 06, 2010
- Nine killed after drinking toddy in Kerala - Sep 06, 2010
- Major hooch tragedies in India - Dec 15, 2011
- Toll in Andhra hooch tragedy rises to 18 - Jan 02, 2012
- Odisha hooch toll is 32, excise minister resigns (Second Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Odisha hooch toll 30, government blames medicines - Feb 09, 2012
- Kerala orders judicial probe into liquor deaths - Sep 08, 2010
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 143 (Intro Roundup) - Dec 16, 2011
- Second tragedy for West Bengal, moonshine kills 148 (Second Intro Roundup, correcting figure in headline) - Dec 16, 2011
- Hooch kills 17 in Andhra (Second Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Hooch kills 29 in Odisha, 10 held (Night Lead) - Feb 08, 2012
- Toll in Andhra hooch tragedy mounts to 15 (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Kerala officials to get extra bonus for hooch seizure - Sep 17, 2012
- Odisha moonshine toll is 30 (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012