Kazakhstan and India celebrate 15 years of relations in Bharatanatyam styleNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:17 am ICT by admin
The Ambassador of Kazakhstan, Kairat E. Umarov, who inaugurated the cultural evening spoke of the centuries old relationships between India and Kazakhstan, even though the diplomatic relations were established only a-decade-and-half ago.
Umarov said that he looked forward to Indian dance becoming popular in his country in the coming years.
The authentic Bharatanatyam performance was led by Ms.Akmaral Kainazarova, an alumni of Kalakshetra, who studied classical Bharatanatyam for five years at the Kalakheshtra as an ICCR scholar. She was accompanied by over a dozen Kazakh dancers from the Kalak centre of Indian Classical dance.
While the main items were authentic Bharatanatyam items like Alaripu, Jatis Swaram, and Tillana, the performance also included Kazak folk songs like “Gul Dauren” (Life is a flower), “Tuyak bi”, a Kazakh dance with the hooves, and “In harmony of Kazakh” in the Indian Bharatnatyam style.
Besides, many Indian forms like “Giddha” and “Bhangra” from Punjab and folk dances from Karnataka were part of the performance.
The Centre for Indian Classical Dance was officially inaugurated in the Almaty (Kazakhstan) in April, 2006.
A unique institution founded in the region of Central Asia aims to strengthening cultural and spiritual ties between Kazakhstan and India, promoting mutual understanding and harmony through the art of Indian classical dance.
Air Astana and Nayak Aviation Services which promote travel between the two countries, were co-sponsors of the function. (ANI)
- Be in Bangalore for daylong dance fiesta (April 29 is World Dance Day) - Apr 26, 2012
- Kazakhstan seeks Indian investment in its rapid industrialisation - Apr 16, 2011
- Dancing to Indian tunes with an American soul (Feature) (With Image) - Jul 06, 2012
- An India-US link in Bharatanatyam's journey - Feb 22, 2012
- Salsa, Latino edging out Indian classical dances in Bollywood? - Jan 05, 2011
- Foreign feet on India's traditional dance floor - May 01, 2011
- From classical roots to free flow in Indian dance (With Images) - Aug 23, 2012
- Brazilian-Indian soap opera "Passage to India" launched in Kazakhstan - May 21, 2010
- India, Kazakhstan to unveil roadmap for strategic ties - Apr 16, 2011
- Classical dancers showcase best of 'guru-shishya' tradition - Oct 03, 2010
- Indian classical dance now a global heritage (Feature with images) - Aug 08, 2010
- Culture odyssey: The eclectic journey of Indian dance (Feature, With Images) - Jul 22, 2011
- An Argentine who dedicated five decades to Indian dance (With images) - Dec 28, 2011
- Ignite Fest will be based on Indian classical dances (With Image) - Nov 03, 2010
- Indian dancer set for 'confrontation' with French jazz (With Image) - Jun 11, 2011
Tags: air astana, almaty kazakhstan, bharatanatyam, dancers, folk dances, giddha, harmony, iccr, India, indian classical dance, jatis, kalakshetra, karnataka, kazak, kazakh, life is a flower, nayak, sangha, spiritual ties