Katie Price beats Gordon Brown in book salesNovember 21st, 2008 - 7:05 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 21 (ANI): Katie Price has defeated British Prime Minister Gordon Brown in terms of the sales of their respective books.
Katie Prices latest book Pushed to the Limit has outsold Gordon Browns, Wartime Courage: Stories of Extraordinary Courage by Ordinary People in World War Two by 4,446 copes to 193, in two weeks.
Despite being on sale for 10 months, Prices book has still scored over the Prime Ministers book, which chronicles the lives of Eric Liddell, the Chariots of Fire legend, and Violette Szabo, who worked undercover for the Special Operations Executive during the second world war,
Wartime Courage, which currently ranks at 10,646 in the Amazon UK sales chart, was due to be published in April but did not hit the shelves until November.
However, a spokeswoman for Bloomsbury, the prime ministers publisher, claimed that the reason for the delay was not his low popularity ratings in the spring.
“The reason it was delayed was because he hadnt finished writing it - he didnt have a ghostwriter, the Telegraph quoted Katie Bond, Bloomsburys publicity director, as telling the Guardian.
Neill Denny, editor-in-chief of the publishing trade magazine the Bookseller, said: “It is not disastrously bad. Hardback books do not sell in huge quantities any more. When the Booker longlist came out last year, of the 13 books, half had sold less than 1,000 copies.
“It would be different if he had written his memoirs. That could be political dynamite. Weve had half the story of the Blair years, but Browns point of view could be fascinating.” (ANI)
- Is e-reader sounding paperback's death knell? - Apr 13, 2012
- Kindle outsells print versions of books - May 20, 2011
- Pop-flop Katie Price set to top book bestseller list with 'Paradise' - Jul 29, 2010
- E-books on the rise with sales of digital books growing 18-fold in 2010 - Mar 01, 2011
- Tony Blair's memoirs 'smash sales records' - Sep 03, 2010
- Churchill's dentures fetch 15,200 pounds - Jul 30, 2010
- India yet to see French style niche publishing - Feb 28, 2012
- Jeet Thayil's novel makes Booker Prize longlist - Jul 26, 2012
- Katie Price's latest lover smitten by her talents - Apr 07, 2011
- Australia's bookshops to close down in five years? - Jun 15, 2011
- Books on economics, Nagas rule the charts (IANS Books) - Aug 18, 2011
- Arun Shourie, Amitav Ghosh top bestselling chart (IANS Books) - Aug 04, 2011
- NYT to Start e-book Best Seller List - Nov 12, 2010
- Buckingham Palace connived to keep 'Brown at Number 10 to seal Tory-Leb Dem coalition' - Nov 14, 2010
- Apple in price-fixing probe - Dec 07, 2011
Tags: amazon uk, british prime minister, british prime minister gordon brown, browns point, chariots of fire, eric liddell, ghostwriter, gordon brown, half the story, hardback books, katie bond, katie price, katie prices, longlist, political dynamite, popularity ratings, prime minister gordon brown, publicity director, second world war, world war two