Katie Holmes makes Broadway debut amid anti-Scientology protestsSeptember 19th, 2008 - 6:36 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Sept 19 (ANI): Katie Holmes made her Broadway debut amid anti-Scientologist protesters in Manhattan.
About 30 protesters lined up at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre and chanted “Scientology kills!”
Some wore masks like in the movie “V for Vendetta,” and one poster read: “FREE KATIE.”
But the 29-year-old actress indeed won praises for her act at the preview performance for “All My Sons.”
“I love Katie Holmes,” Fox News quoted Melissa Doyle, a New Yorker, as saying.
“I think she’’s a great actress and right now, I really love her for her fashion, her style! I think she really kind of differentiates herself among young Hollywood. Plus, she’’s a mom and I just think she’’s a really good role model,” she added.
Hubby Tom Cruise was also present at the theatre, where he mingled and shook hands with some other theatergoers who took photos and clapped. (ANI)
- Katie Holmes makes Broadway debut with a bang - Sep 20, 2008
- Jennifer Lopez & husband may have split because of Scientology - Aug 15, 2011
- Is Tom Cruise going to tie the knot with Yolanda Pecoraro? - Jul 19, 2012
- Scientology behind JLo, Marc split? - Aug 14, 2011
- Was the Church of Scientology auditioning women for Tom Cruise to marry? - Jul 09, 2012
- Catholic school for scientologist Tom Cruise's daughter - Oct 11, 2009
- I'm going to India in December: Katie Holmes - Nov 24, 2011
- Katie Holmes preparing for second baby? - Mar 01, 2010
- Tom gifts sewing machine to Holmes - Mar 19, 2011
- Melissa McCarthy's Oscar look raises brows - Feb 27, 2012
- Katie Holmes signs confidentiality agreement? - Jul 12, 2012
- Katie Holmes fine after split - Jul 05, 2012
- Katie Holmes' 'The Son Of No One’ Becomes A Target For The Media - Jan 26, 2011
- TomKats kitten has her own dressing room at NY theatre! - Oct 20, 2008
- Suri Cruise will be an actress, believes mom - Jul 14, 2011
Tags: actress, broadway debut, fox news, gerald schoenfeld theatre, hollywood, hubby, katie holmes, manhattan, masks, melissa doyle, mom, new yorker, praises, preview performance, protesters, role model, scientology protests, tom cruise, v for vendetta, young hollywood