Kate Beckinsale takes up journalists job to prepare for film roleDecember 3rd, 2008 - 6:29 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 3 (ANI): English actress Kate Beckinsale got a first hand lesson in entertainment journalism after she took a job with a U.S. newspaper to prepare for a film role.
Beckinsale, 35, plays the role of a reporter in the new movie Nothing But The Truth, and to get her part right she spent her time shadowing journalists on the Los Angeles Times.
For the Van Helsing actress, trying to learn the trade has given her an enlightening experience.
We are slightly sort of under the ”us and them” thing. It’’s a little like enemy lines - but when I was there I found it was amazingly similar to acting. It was quite nice to go, ”I kind of get it more than I thought I would, the Daily Express quoted her as saying.
People complain about the paparazzi and the paparazzi go, Well, you put yourself out there. And I had to have my character sort of think that way, she added. (ANI)
- Beckinsale dislikes portraying weak women - Jul 31, 2012
- Mom's remarriage upset Beckinsale - Jul 30, 2012
- Beckinsale excited to be bad girl - Apr 26, 2012
- Beckinsale is the director at home! - Aug 05, 2012
- Love scenes more awkward for Colin: Beckinsale - Aug 21, 2012
- Kate Beckinsale's driving fears - Jan 10, 2012
- Kate Beckinsale finds Sexiest Woman Alive label "mortifying" - Nov 05, 2009
- Beckinsale won't mind doing a nude scene - Dec 11, 2011
- Beckinsale refuses to go nude - Jul 26, 2012
- Kate Beckinsale doesn't want likeable roles - Jan 09, 2012
- Biel was nervous about punching Beckinsale - Jun 28, 2012
- Beckinsale, a careful mother - Jul 26, 2012
- Beckinsale worried about daughter's future boyfriends - Jul 23, 2012
- Beckinsale was reluctant to return on 'Underworld' - Dec 25, 2011
- Kate Gosselin is upset with the paparazzi in New Zealand - Apr 19, 2011