Katara case verdict to be announced on May 28May 27th, 2008 - 4:22 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 27 (ANI): The verdict in the six-year-old sensational Nitish Katara murder case, allegedly involving Vikas Yadav, the son of Uttar Pradesh politician D P Yadav, and his cousin Vishal Yadav, is likely to be pronounced by a Delhi court on Wednesday.
While dismissing the plea of the prime accused for re-examination of key witness Ajay Katara and others in the light of a CD revealing an alleged nexus between the witness and complainant and the mother of the deceased Neelam Katara, Additional Sessions Judge Ravinder Kaur reserved her judgement.
Vikas and his cousin Vishal had allegedly abducted Katara, the son of an IAS officer, from a marriage party in Ghaziabad on the intervening night of February 16-17, 2002.
The victims body was later recovered from a village in Uttar Pradeshs Bulandshahr District.
According to the prosecution, Katara, a business executive, was killed by the accused, as they did not approve of their sister, Bharti Yadavs growing proximity with him.
Earlier, the prosecution had produced evidence of Ajay Katara having seen the accused taking Nitish to their car on the fateful night near Hapur Chungi in Ghaziabad.
The accused contended that the chain of events in the case remained incomplete as none of the prosecution witnesses had either supported the abduction or identified the main accused.
Ajay Kataras testimony was also challenged on the premise that the police recorded his statement over 20 days after the crime. (ANI)
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder witness guilty of lying, says convict - Jul 17, 2012
- Katara murder case: Delhi HC allows Vikas to attend brother's wedding - Apr 26, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Third accused held guilty - Jul 06, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records - Feb 01, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Verdict on third accused Wednesday - Jul 05, 2011
- Vikas Yadav wants four days leave from jail - Nov 09, 2011
- Court orders medical inspection of Nitish Katara killers - Feb 02, 2012
- Sukhdev Pehalwan gets life term for Nitish Katara murder (Second Lead) - Jul 12, 2011
- Nitish Katara murder: Vishal to pay Rs.16 lakh for security - Mar 16, 2012
- Nitish Katara murder: Court seeks Vikas Yadav's health records (Lead) - Feb 01, 2012
- Katara murder: Two cops guarding Vikas Yadav suspended - Mar 28, 2012
- Give death to Nitish Katara killers, police tell court - Aug 28, 2012
- Ajay Katara arrested over kidnapping charges - Oct 03, 2008
- Court orders medical check of Nitish Katara killers (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
Tags: abducted, abduction, business executive, complainant, d p yadav, delhi court, fateful night, ghaziabad, judgement, key witness, marriage party, neelam katara, New Delhi, nexus, nitish katara murder, nitish katara murder case, politician, premise, prosecution witnesses, ravinder