Kashmiris want peace with PakistanMay 16th, 2009 - 1:44 pm ICT by ANI
Rajouri, May 16 (ANI): Scores of Muslims here prayed for improved relations with Pakistan.
Muslim devotees who gathered at the Shahdara Sharif shrine at Rajouri said they prayed for a government that would restart the stalled peace talks with Pakistan.
“We have prayed for peace and that the relations between India andPakistan are strengthened. The misunderstandings between both the countries should be sorted out,” said Mohammed Iqbal Chib, a resident.
He added that the people wanted the relations between the State andCentral administrations to be strengthened for the good of the people.
“God gives better government in the Centre and the State’s leadership under Omar Abdullah. We want that the God makes their coalition successful,” he added.
Devotees also said that they hoped that the Congress Party would be successful in forming a new government, as it would benefit them in a big way.”I have prayed that God makes the Congress Government successful and helps the poor because in Jammu and Kashmir there was devastation all over. With the coming of the Congress, we will have success and all our problems will be solved,” said Sadiq, another resident. (ANI)
- Hindus, Muslims throng the shrine of Kashmir Sufi saint - Dec 31, 2009
- Eid-ul-Zuha celebrated with fervour in Lucknow - Nov 07, 2011
- As Chhath ends, Hindu-Muslim amity shines through - Nov 02, 2011
- I want violence-free Pakistan: Ravi Shankar (With Images) - Mar 12, 2012
- Assamese happy over possible government, ULFA talks - Jan 21, 2011
- Pak to train Afghan Army, finance officers - Dec 05, 2010
- Construction of mosque stayed, thousand pray (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Mohun Bagan to play in Jammu - Aug 28, 2012
- Garlands of harmony from Ayodhya's Muslim flower artisans - Sep 23, 2010
- India-Pakistan ties have direct bearing on Kashmir: Omar - Apr 25, 2012
- Devotees pray for Indo-Pak peace at Kashmir shrine - Jan 10, 2009
- Tension spilling over to Jammu - Mar 16, 2012
- Chote Lal Dargah inspires communal harmony - Jun 15, 2009
- BJP has nearly all of Congress's sins - and a few of its own (Comment) - Mar 24, 2012
- Jammu observes shutdown against police action - Mar 17, 2012