Kashmiris to protest during Manmohan visitDecember 9th, 2010 - 7:47 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Dec 9 (IANS) Kashmiri groups will hold protests in Brussels during Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s visit to denounce human rights violations in the Kashmir Valley, media reports said Thursday.
The protests will coincide with the International Human Rights Day (Dec 10), the Urdu daily Jang reported quoting a member of the Kashmir Council.
The protests will be held outside the headquarters of the European Commission.
The paper quoted Kashmir Council chairman Ali Raza Syed as saying that their “intention was to make it clear to the European Union that Kashmir was a disputed area and not a part of India as India claims”.
In Brussels, Manmohan Singh will attend the 11th India-EU Summit jointly hosted by European Council president Herman Van Rompuy and European Commission president Jose Manuel Barroso.
- All is not lost on India-EU trade frontier - Dec 10, 2010
- India, EU still some distance away from finalizing trade,investment pact: Manmohan Singh - Dec 10, 2010
- PM to visit Belgium, Germany to expand bilateral ties - Dec 07, 2010
- EU seeks free trade deal with India - Dec 08, 2010
- India, EU decide to step up trade deal talks, sign research pact - Feb 10, 2012
- Trade and terror on agenda, PM leaves for Belgium and Germany (Lead) - Dec 09, 2010
- India to deepen ties with EU and Germany, says PM - Dec 09, 2010
- Russian president rejects EU criticism of Duma elections - Dec 16, 2011
- India, EU should take lead in avoiding global protectionist trends: PM - Dec 10, 2010
- India-EU close in on trade pact - Dec 10, 2010
- India, EU to clinch FTA soon, to combat terror (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- Kashmiri activists protest outside EU HQ in Brussels - Oct 23, 2010
- EU urges Greek government to fulfil commitments on debt crisis - Nov 11, 2011
- Hundreds protest atrocities against minorities in Pakistan - Jun 04, 2010
- Potential for India-EU bilateral ties huge: European Council chief - Dec 10, 2010
Tags: ali raza, council chairman, council president, daily jang, european commission president, european commission president jose manuel barroso, herman van rompuy, human rights day, human rights violations, india claims, indian prime minister, indian prime minister manmohan singh, jose manuel barroso, kashmir council, kashmir valley, manmohan, manmohan singh, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, raza syed