Kashmiri students meet presidentAugust 25th, 2012 - 10:01 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 25 (IANS) Students from Jammu and Kashmir met President Pranab Mukherjee Saturday as part of the Indian Army’s initiative towards national integration, officials said.
The students belonged to a school from remote Bandipora town of Jammu and Kashmir and were accompanied by students of a Noida school on their visit to Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Students from Army Goodwill School, Bandipora, were in Delhi under a student exchange initiative “DOSTI”, which is part of the Indian Army’s Sadbhavana Programme, a statement said. They were accompanied by students of ‘Step By Step School’, Noida (Uttar Pradesh), it added.
Mukherjee congratulated the army on its initiative and said that despite differences in language and culture, we are all Indians.
The programme aims to provide exposure to the students from the Kashmir Valley to the other parts of the country with the purpose that they would spread goodwill and the message of peace and prosperity in their native place.
The student exchange programme has been organised by the army and 14 Rashtriya Rifles (Garhwal Rifles) under the aegis of Headquarters 81 Mountain Brigade of the Indian Army in collaboration with ‘Step by Step School’.
- School children from Kashmir meet the president - Feb 22, 2011
- Kashmir students visit Delhi as part of army's 'Operation Sadbhavana' - Jan 14, 2011
- Invited to visit J&K;, students plug 'disconnect' - Aug 04, 2012
- Army trains youth for armed forces' career - May 30, 2012
- Army organises Jammu Premier League for budding cricketers - May 09, 2012
- Rashtrapati Bhavan green initiative gets new logo (With image) - May 30, 2012
- 3 Kirti Chakras among defence medals conferred by president - Apr 19, 2011
- Indian Army provide free education to deprived J-K children - Apr 04, 2011
- Youths must be sensitised about environment: President - May 30, 2012
- Rashtrapati Bhavan: Viceregal lodge to India's presidential abode - Jul 24, 2012
- Lt. Gen. S.K Singh to be next army vice chief - Oct 10, 2011
- Mughal Garden to be open to the public from Tuesday - Feb 14, 2011
- Change of Guard at Rashtrapati Bhavan a tourist attraction - Oct 10, 2009
- Lt. Gen. S.K. Singh is new army vice chief - Nov 01, 2011
- Assam Rifles gets new chief - Aug 24, 2012
Tags: aegis, collaboration, dosti, exchange initiative, goodwill school, indian army, indians, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmir valley, language and culture, national integration, New Delhi, peace, pranab mukherjee, prosperity, rashtriya rifles, sadbhavana, student exchange