Kashmiri Pandits want Padgaonkar to go for ‘Fai links’July 23rd, 2011 - 8:45 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, July 23 (IANS) A joint forum of Kashmiri Pandit migrants Saturday demanded the resignation of Dilip Padgaonkar, who heads the three-member central government appointed interlocutors on Kashmir, alleging that he had links with suspected Pakistani agent Ghulam Nabi Fai.
Talking to mediapersons here, Kashmiri Pandit leader Ashwani Chrangoo said the migrant community wanted the “resignation of Dileep Padgaonkar as interlocutor because he had links with Ghulam Nabi Fai, director of Kashmiri American Council (KAC), and has attended his conferences”.
Chrangoo added: “We suspect that the report prepared by interlocutors headed by Dileep Padgaonkar will be one-sided and on lines of ISI (Pakistani spy agency Inter-Services Intelligence) as he was associated with Fai.”
They appealed to the central government not to accept the reports prepared by the interlocutors.
The Kashmiri Pandit migrant leaders also welcomed arrest of Fai and demanded action against all those associated with him.
Fai, director of the Washington-based advocacy group KAC, was arrested in the US Tuesday on charges of participating in the conspiracy to act as an agent of the Pakistani government without disclosing his affiliation.
All attempts to contact Dileep Padgaonkar on phone failed. But earlier this week, he had told media that he had “no idea about Fai’s background”.
- BJP targets Padgaonkar, Nayar for attending Fai seminars - Jul 21, 2011
- Kashmiri separatists may be questioned over Fai links - Jul 21, 2011
- India hopes Fai's arrest exposes more ISI-funded lobbyists - Jul 23, 2011
- ISI agent Fai to plead guilty in US lobbying case - Dec 07, 2011
- Fai took millions from ISI to do their bidding in US - Dec 08, 2011
- Fai's Kashmir lobby was front for Pakistani intelligence: US - Mar 31, 2012
- ISI agent held in US for illegal lobbying on Kashmir (Lead) - Jul 20, 2011
- ISI spy Ghulam Nabi Fai gets 2 years jail (Lead) - Mar 31, 2012
- Pakistan registers concern on Fai arrest with US embassy - Jul 22, 2011
- Fai fails to turn up, court defers hearing to Tuesday - Jul 22, 2011
- ISI spy Ghulam Nabi Fai gets 2 years jail - Mar 31, 2012
- Rift in Kashmir panel but no resignations (Lead) - Aug 09, 2011
- ISI funelled $4 mn into US to influence Kashmir policy - Jul 20, 2011
- ISI agent Fai pleads guilty in US lobbying case - Dec 08, 2011
- Separatists flay Fai arrest, locals don't care - Jul 21, 2011
Tags: affiliation, attempts, based advocacy group, central government, conferences, conspiracy, intelligence, inter services, interlocutor, interlocutors, isi, joint forum, kac, kashmir, kashmiri american council, migrant community, migrants, pakistani government, resignation, spy agency