Kashmir solution will usher in peace, development: PDPMarch 13th, 2011 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, March 13 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir’s main opposition Peoples Democratic Party Sunday asked the central government to “resolve Kashmir issue at the earliest”, saying that failing to do so may trigger resentment among the masses.
The party, which has been trying to occupy centrestage in the politics of the state, made it clear that “it would fight for an early solution of the crisis gripping Jammu and Kashmir”.
Elaborating on this theme at a rally at Parade Ground here, PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said that the central government must “wake up to this growing need for a solution to the Kashmir crisis as that alone can bring the desired results of peace and development in Jammu and Kashmir”.
Attended by the top leadership of the party, the rally attracted party workers from various parts of Jammu region, who were seen waving green flags embossed with the party symbol of pen and inkpot.
Sayeed also took a dig at the state’s National Conference-Congress coalition government.
“The government is working against the interests of the people and it is a big stumbling block in the solution of the crisis of the state,” he said.
Sayeed said that mainstream and separatist leaders had voiced identical demands of doing away with the Armed Forces Special Powers Act and releasing political prisoners.
Party president Mehbooba Mufti said: “Indiscriminate arrests have spurred a sense of deep insecurity among the people of Kashmir. This reign of terror and fear must end. The people should be allowed to live with dignity.”
The PDP also said its self rule doctrine met the aspirations of the people of all the regions of the state.
- PDP takes out 'resolution' rally - Feb 14, 2011
- Credibility of J&K; regime at lowest: Mufti - Sep 01, 2012
- PDP government delivered better with only 16 legislators: Mehbooba - Dec 13, 2011
- PDP to hold first major public meet in Jammu - Mar 11, 2011
- 'Hydel agreements in Kashmir need renegotiation' - May 23, 2012
- Mufti's call for government change in J&K; - May 26, 2012
- Mehbooba to chalk out new strategy - Jan 25, 2011
- Mufti calls for regime change in Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 12, 2012
- Evolve national consensus to solve Kashmir problem: Mufti - Jul 17, 2012
- Stop arresting suspected stone pelters: PDP - Feb 26, 2011
- Omar has reduced AFSPA issue to gimmickry: Mufti - Nov 28, 2011
- Kashmir not a problem of mere stone pelting: Mufti Sayeed - Jul 30, 2011
- PDP to hold strategy meet Saturday - Feb 17, 2011
- Committed to equal growth in all Kashmir regions: PDP - Nov 30, 2011
- Mufti Sayeed seeks civic polls in Kashmir - Dec 04, 2011
Tags: central government, coalition government, desired results, insecurity, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmir crisis, mehbooba mufti, mohammad, parade ground, party president, party symbol, pdp, political prisoners, reign of terror, resentment, sayeed, self rule, separatist leaders, stumbling block