Kashmir separatist group holds special prayers for 2005 earthquake victimsNovember 14th, 2007 - 1:51 am ICT by admin
“This prayer service is for those, who died or were displaced due to the earthquake. Thousands of people were displaced on both the sides (India and Pakistan),” said Zaffar.
Zaffar said that both India and Pakistan needed to open all the routes so that divided families could be reunited.
“Kashmiris are the same on both sides and they can anytime erase the Line of Control or the border,” said Zaffar.
A major earthquake that hit the mountainous region near India-Pakistan border in October 2005 had razed to ground the Uri region of Kashmir.
The earthquake, with a magnitude of 7.6, was centered about 95 km (60 miles) northeast of Islamabad, near the mountainous and heavily militarised border separating Indian and Pakistani Kashmir.
Uri and its nearby areas accounted for about half the deaths. (ANI)
- Paharis moot meeting community in PoK for ST status drive - Sep 09, 2012
- Moderate earthquake jolts Jammu and Kashmir - Aug 14, 2012
- Tremors rock Kashmir Valley, northwest Pakistan (Third Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Moderate intensity tremors rock Kashmir (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Cross LoC trade hampered by barter system, lack of banking (With Image) - Mar 01, 2012
- High hopes in Kashmir as India meets Pakistan - Jul 24, 2011
- Earthquake Of Magnitude 6.3 Hits Kashmir - Oct 24, 2009
- 5.6 magnitude quake felt in Kashmir Valley - Jul 19, 2012
- First joint trade chamber for divided Kashmir chooses chief - Feb 09, 2012
- Cross-LoC trade needs financial mechanisms: Omar - Apr 04, 2012
- Hydroelectric project nears completion in Uri town of Kashmir - May 16, 2010
- Pakistani firing seeks to push terrorists into Kashmir - Aug 23, 2012
- Moderate intensity tremors rock Kashmir (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Magnitude 6 quake jolts Kashmir - May 15, 2011
- Fast-track LOC trade, travel: Mufti Sayeed - Apr 06, 2012
Tags: akbar, displaced, earthquake victims, india and pakistan, india pakistan, islamabad, jammu and kashmir, miles northeast, mountainous region, nearby areas, pakistan border, prayer service, salvation movement, separatist group, uri