Kashmir prays for peace on Eid-e-Milad-un-NabiMarch 10th, 2009 - 4:17 pm ICT by ANI
Srinagar/New Delhi/MP/UP, Mar 10 (ANI): Muslims in Kashmir valley on Tuesday celebrated Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi, the birthday of Prophet Mohammad.
A large number of Muslims participated in special prayers at Mosques, and prayed for restoration of peace in Kashmir.
“We prayed for restoration of peace in Kashmir. Everyday, there is some incident of violence. So, we prayed to the Allah that we all live together in peace and harmony,” said Gul Mohammed, a resident.
Bashir Ahmed, another resident added, “Most of the people pray for the peace and harmony, development and safety in the region.”
In New Delhi, a procession is in progress in which large number of Muslims are participating. It will conclude at Turkman Gate in the evening.
In Madhya Pradesh, State Governor Dr. Balram Jakhar and Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan, have greeted the people on the occasion.
The birth anniversary of Prophet Mohammad is being celebrated with religious fervour in Uttar Pradesh. The mosques and other religious places have been colourfully decorated and people are taking part in special religious sermon.
Born in 570 A.D., Mohammad is believed to be the last Prophet of Islam. He described himself as the messenger of God and is said to have received “Koran” from the Almighty at the age of 40. Years later, he returned to Mecca, where the “Kaaba” was established as the goal of pilgrimage for Islamic devotees. The Prophet is believed to have died in 632 A.D. (ANI)
- Mumbai celebrates Eid-e-Milad - Feb 05, 2012
- Lucknow prays for peace on Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi - Mar 10, 2009
- Lakhs throng Deoband for prayers led by Saudi cleric - Mar 25, 2011
- Eid Milad-un-Nabi celebrated across the country - Mar 11, 2009
- Milad celebrated with gaiety in Hyderabad - Feb 05, 2012
- Thousands offer prayers at Valley's Hazratbal shrine - Feb 16, 2011
- Seminary asks Muslims to avoid ostentation on Mawlid - Feb 03, 2012
- Devotees offer prayers at Hazratbal shrine in Srinagar - Jul 11, 2010
- DPM activists arrested, baton charged for defying ban in J-K - Mar 10, 2009
- Police stop religious procession on Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi in Srinagar - Feb 27, 2010
- Eid celebrated with prayers for peace, feasting (Roundup) - Aug 20, 2012
- President, vice president greet nation on Milad-Un-Nabi - Feb 15, 2011
- Pakistan celebrates Eid-ul-Zuha - Nov 07, 2011
- Pakistan celebrates Milad-un-Nabi - Feb 05, 2012
- This Hyderabad mosque is more than a place of worship - Aug 12, 2012
Tags: bashir, birth anniversary, chief minister, devotees, gul mohammed, kaaba, kashmir, kashmir valley, madhya pradesh state, messenger of god, milad un nabi, mosques, peace and harmony, prophet mohammad, religious fervour, religious places, religious sermon, srinagar, state governor, uttar pradesh