Kashmir Pandit group files PIL against Arundhati RoyNovember 23rd, 2011 - 12:45 am ICT by IANS
Jammu, Nov 22 (IANS) Activists of a Kashmiri Pandit organisation Tuesday filed a public interest litigation (PIL) case, seeking action against writer-cum-activist Arundhati Roy over her reported remarks in New York on self-determination for the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
The PIL, filed in the Jammu and Kashmir High Court here, said that the remarks were “untenable” because they were “anti-national”.
Filed by Routes, an organisation of displaced Kashmiri Pandits, the PIL demanded that Roy should be restrained from making offensive remarks against India in reference to Jammu and Kashmir within and outside of the country.
The PIL filed by Routes’ members, Veer Saraf, Ajay Bhat and Vijay Kashkari, alsosought impunding of her passport.
Speaking in New York recently, Roy had reportedly demanded an “end to the brutal occupation of Kashmir” by India and also said that its people must be given the “right to self determination”.
- Kashmir court won't hear petition against Arundhati Roy - Nov 24, 2011
- Social activist files police complaint against Geelani, Arundhati Roy - Oct 29, 2010
- 'Free Kashmir' will allow liquor consumption: Geelani (Roundup) - Oct 22, 2010
- Krishna slams Qureshi over his Kashmir remarks at UN General Assembly - Sep 29, 2010
- Indian colonialism replaced British imperialism: Arundhati Roy - Oct 24, 2010
- Act against Roy, Geelani, demands Kashmiri Pandit group - Oct 26, 2010
- Kashmiri Hindu activists create ruckus at Geelani seminar (Second Lead) - Oct 22, 2010
- Kashmiri Hindus protest against Geelani, Arundhati at seminar (Lead) - Oct 21, 2010
- Kashmiri Pandit group files case against Geelani, Roy - Nov 01, 2010
- Court notice to police on Geelani, Arundhati speeches - Nov 03, 2010
- Yasin Malik wants judicial probe into valley unrest deaths - Jan 04, 2011
- Delhi court to decide on sedition charge against Roy, Geelani - Nov 27, 2010
- Pakistan raising Kashmir as a diversionary ploy: Krishna - Sep 29, 2010
- Delhi Police file sedition case against Arundhati, Geelani - Nov 29, 2010
- Book Geelani, Arundhati, says Delhi court (Second Lead) - Nov 27, 2010
Tags: activist, activists, arundhati roy, bhat, brutal occupation, India, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmiri pandit, offensive remarks, passport, public interest litigation, self determination, vijay