Kashmir minister’s guards held for assaulting traffic copSeptember 11th, 2012 - 5:58 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Sep 11 (IANS) Two personal security guards of a Jammu and Kashmir minister have been arrested for assaulting a traffic policeman who had stopped the escort vehicle of the ministerial cavalcade for jumping a red light here.
The security guards of Public Health Engineering Minister Taj Mohiuddin were arrested late Monday. According to eyewitnesses, the cavalcade ignored the red signal at the TRC crossing in Srinagar city Monday evening as the minister was heading towards his residence in Gupkar Road.
“The cops who beat the traffic police officer have been arrested and booked. I have asked for the strongest possible action under law,” Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abullah said in a message on Twitter.
“A traffic sub-inspector finally managed to stop the rear escort vehicle in the minister’s cavalcade for violation of the traffic signal at the busy road crossing. The guards of the minister jumped out of the vehicle and started beating the traffic cop ruthlessly,” an eyewitness said.
Police has arrested two security guards of the minister for the murderous assault on a traffic cop on duty.
“They have been arrested by Kothi Bagh police station and an FIR for murderous assault has been lodged against them,” police sources told IANS.
The injured traffic policeman, Sub-Inspector Mohan Lal, has been admitted to a local hospital where doctors said he had been badly beaten up and had reported with eye bruises and other injuries.
- Kashmir minister's guards held for beating up traffic cop (Lead) - Sep 11, 2012
- Criminals run truck over UP sub-inspector - May 17, 2012
- Mamata's nephew sent to one day's judicial custody (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Speeding bikers hit Delhi cop, four held - Jul 23, 2012
- Kashmir custodial death: Another cop held - Aug 10, 2011
- Police man shoots wife, arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Lucknow traffic cops stripped of power to issue challans - May 31, 2012
- Cop held for assaulting doctor - Dec 30, 2009
- Five troopers held for Kashmir firing death (Second Lead) - Jan 02, 2012
- UP policeman sent to jail for sodomy - Aug 29, 2012
- One-way traffic from Jammu to Srinagar Monday - Jan 23, 2012
- Jail van rams into bus stop, one dead - Jul 30, 2011
- Raj Thackeray's aide held for assaulting driver - Mar 29, 2011
- JKLF chief Yasin Malik arrested at protest march - Sep 07, 2012
- Sans traffic lights, chaos on Jammu, Srinagar roads (Letter from Kashmir) - Dec 30, 2011
Tags: bagh, cavalcade, escort vehicle, eyewitnesses, jammu and kashmir, kashmir chief minister, local hospital, mohan lal, mohiuddin, murderous assault, personal security, police sources, public health engineering, red signal, security guards, srinagar city, traffic cop, traffic police, traffic policeman, traffic signal