Kashmir interlocutors to submit ‘initial’ report in two weeksFebruary 23rd, 2011 - 3:14 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Feb 23 (IANS) The government-appointed interlocutors on Jammu and Kashmir will submit in two weeks the “initial document” spelling out the contours for a political settlement of the Kashmir issue.”We will submit our initial document on the contours of the political settlement of Kashmir in the next two weeks,” journalist Dileep Padgaonkar, who heads the three-member team, told reporters Wednesday.
Padgaonkar and his two colleagues, academician Radha Kumar and economist M.M. Ansari, leave for Srinagar Wednesday afternoon. This is their fifth visit to the state since they were appointed by the central government last October.
The interolocutors, who have spoken to a cross-section of people in the state, have got sufficient inputs to draw the “contours of the political settlement”, Padgaonkar said.
Undeterred by the initial rejection of their talks offer by the separatists, the chief interlocutor said that they were ” willing to meet the separatists at any time at any place”.
The separatists have so far not responded to their invitation for talks.
The interlocutors had sent formal invitations to separatist leaders, particularly Syed Ali Geelani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq, Yasin Malik and Shabir Shah.
Supporters of Geelani, who heads the hardline faction of the Hurriyat Conference, have said the matter would be discussed once their leader returns from New Delhi.
The hardline separatist leader has been asked by Delhi Police not to leave the national capital as he is to be quizzed in a money laundering case.
The interlocutors were appointed after the summer unrest in the Kashmir Valley in which over 100 people were killed.
- Kashmir Interlocutors to present document on political settlement in two weeks - Feb 23, 2011
- Interlocutors send invites to Kashmir separatists - Feb 11, 2011
- Negative response from Jammu and Kashmir separatists, says chief interlocutor - Feb 26, 2011
- Kashmir report: Separatists dismissive, common man cynical - Oct 11, 2011
- No single group can speak for Kashmir's people: Interlocutors - Feb 26, 2011
- Kashmir interlocutors submit report, focus on 'meaningful autonomy' (Round-up) - Oct 12, 2011
- Join talks or get isolated: Pillai's message to separatists (Lead, with Pillai interview) - Apr 10, 2011
- Interlocutors visit Kot Bhalwal jail in Jammu (Third Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- Congress leaders will be kept in loop on Kashmir roadmap, assures Chidambaram (Lead) - Feb 03, 2011
- Join talks or get isolated: Pillai's message to separatists (Interview) - Apr 10, 2011
- Kashmir interlocutors submit report, focus on development - Oct 12, 2011
- J&K; parties boycott interlocutors' report - Sep 02, 2012
- Kashmir interlocutor Padgaonkar denies criticizing CM Abdullah - Dec 17, 2010
- People of Kashmir want peace: Dileep Padgaonkar - Dec 21, 2010
- Kashmir interlocutors deny proposing pre-1953 status - Apr 24, 2011
Tags: delhi police, dileep, formal invitations, geelani, hurriyat conference, initial document, initial rejection, initial report, interlocutor, interlocutors, kashmir issue, kashmir valley, member team, mirwaiz umar farooq, political settlement, separatist leader, separatist leaders, separatists, shabir shah, yasin malik