Kashmir gets its first Army Public SchoolNovember 12th, 2008 - 6:59 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Nov 12 (IANS) Jammu and Kashmir’s first Army Public School was inaugurated Wednesday by the army chief, General Deepak Kapoor, who lamented that education “has been one of the worst hit during two decades of militancy” in the state.Located at the world famous Pahalgam hill resort in south Kashmir, the school is the 27th such to be run by the Army Welfare Education Society. It has been built at a cost of Rs.124 million.
A co-educational residential senior secondary school, its first academic session had begun in July with the aim of providing the children of Jammu and Kashmir “with an environment suited for wholesome growth,” said Col. D.K. Kachari, the spokesperson of the Udhampur-based Northern Command.
“The school aims to be an institution of excellence, dedicated to the children of the state, to develop them into responsible citizens and leaders by imparting quality education in an environment which is caring stimulating and challenging,” Kachari added.
- Kashmir's first Army Public School inaugurated (Lead) - Nov 12, 2008
- Army donates blankets, sleeping bags to nomadic tribes - Jul 17, 2012
- NDA gets an Army Public School - Apr 12, 2012
- Australian Army chief visits Kashmir - Oct 06, 2009
- Army sets up school in Pahalgam to educate students, shun violence - Oct 16, 2010
- Indian Army organizes career counselling session for Kashmiri youth - Jan 11, 2011
- Haryana students to be made aware on NRI marriages - Apr 25, 2012
- Dhoni visits border areas in Kashmir - Jun 02, 2012
- Army chief visits Northern Command - May 23, 2012
- Civilian killed in army firing, probe ordered (Lead) - Apr 24, 2010
- Dhoni meets soldiers on Kashmir border (Lead,With Image) - Jun 02, 2012
- Kashmir education minister resigns over examgate - Feb 10, 2012
- Samsung sets up fund for poor kids' education - Feb 16, 2012
- Deputy Inspector General SKR holds police-public meet at Pahalgam - Oct 09, 2010
- Over 21 percent hike in RTE funds - Mar 16, 2012