Kashmir Fisheries Department provides employment to youthsDecember 13th, 2010 - 5:43 pm ICT by ANI
Bhaderwah (Jammu and Kashmir), Dec.13 (ANI): The Jammu and Kashmir Fisheries Department is generating employment by encouraging youths to practice trout fish farming in Bhadarwah in Jammu and Kashmir’s Doda District.
The farming of the commercial trout can be done with a piece of land close to a water body.
Farida Beig, a fisheries department inspector, informed mediapersons that the department provides turnkey assistance to the entrepreneurs opting for the farming of trout fish.
“The Fisheries Department provides some schemes which we reach out to the people and give 100 percent subsidy. In the first instalment we give the seeds and feed free of cost. It is a source of generating jobs for the unemployed youth and their upliftment,” said Beig.
“We institute a business for them. They should only own a piece of land, which is close to a source of water. Everything else including the seed, feed, construction related world is made available to them,” she added.
She also highlighted future prospects of fish farming in the region.
“We are only rearing fish but our future prospect will also include its breeding. Our seeds will also be prepared here. The benefit it will carry in the future is that all the private and government ponds in Bhadra (Bhaderwah), will be able to culture the fish. Hatchery and breeding of trout fish farming will be done and seeds will be made available to the farmers,” said Beig.
The Department of Fisheries has started providing all facilities including motors, nets, and feed to the farmers.
Trout, both brown and the rainbow species, is a coldwater fish found aplenty in the Rivers Beas, Sutlej and Ravi flowing through Jammu region from the upper reaches of Himalayan range. (ANI)
- Poor marketing hinders trout farming - Dec 20, 2011
- Floods affect Himachal's trout breeding - Sep 05, 2011
- Kashmir's trouts in troubled waters - Apr 16, 2011
- Kashmir arranges for fish sale for Pandits - Feb 18, 2012
- Trouts, a lucrative proposition in Kashmir - Jan 20, 2009
- Game for trout! Anglers ready for Manali contest - Sep 09, 2010
- Himachal trout goes to Delhi - for Games! - Sep 22, 2010
- J-K Govt. popularises trout farming - Jul 04, 2010
- Manipur's annual fish fair translating into jobs for people - Dec 02, 2010
- Meghalaya plans fish farming for poor - Jun 30, 2011
- Shree Vijay setting up aqua feed plant in Andhra - Feb 22, 2012
- Test your nerves against sport fish in Himachal - Mar 11, 2012
- Punjab promotes fish farming - Jan 18, 2010
- Himachal to have trout processing unit - Apr 30, 2011
- It's time for trout fishing in Himachal streams - May 29, 2011
Tags: bhadarwah, bhaderwah, coldwater fish, department of fisheries, doda district, fish farming, fish hatchery, fisheries department, future prospect, future prospects, generating jobs, instalment, jammu and kashmir, source of water, sutlej, trout fish, unemployed youth, upliftment, upper reaches, water body