Kashmir cold wave continuesDecember 3rd, 2011 - 2:28 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Dec 3 (IANS) Cold wave conditions continued across the Kashmir Valley and Ladakh region of Jammu and Kashmir Saturday as night temperatures fell much below freezing point.
The minimum temperature was minus 0.4 degrees Celsius in Srinagar, minus 2.2 degrees in south Kashmir’s Pahalgam hill station, and minus 1.6 degrees Celsius at north Kashmir’s Gulmarg ski resort, Sonam Lotus, director of the local meteorological office, told IANS here.
In the Ladakh region of the state, Leh town recorded a minimum of minus 10.0 degrees Celsius while it was minus 6.8 degrees in the Kargil town.
“At minus 10.6 degrees, Leh town was the coldest in the state today. Same weather conditions are going to continue for at least three to four more days.
“Because of clear night skies and haze in the mornings, we are expecting a further dip in the minimum temperatures in the valley and the Ladakh region during the next three to four days,” Lotus said.
- Kashmir shivers in freezing temperatures - Nov 26, 2011
- Kashmir freezing, Leh at minus 16 - Dec 28, 2011
- Srinagar has coldest night so far, further dip forecast - Dec 12, 2011
- Mercury rises but Kashmir still freezing - Dec 29, 2011
- Night temperatures rise marginally in Kashmir, Ladakh - Jan 03, 2012
- Srinagar has coldest night in 16 years - Jan 14, 2012
- Cold wave continues in Kashmir, Dal Lake freezes - Dec 27, 2011
- Season's lowest in Srinagar, Leh freezes at minus 16 - Dec 25, 2011
- Cold spell continues in Kashmir - Dec 24, 2011
- Taps freeze in Srinagar's coldest night, 13.6 at Leh - Dec 14, 2011
- Cold shuts schools in Kashmir, Leh freezes at minus 11 - Dec 05, 2011
- Snowy day forecast in Kashmir Valley, mountains - Dec 19, 2011
- Cold spell continues in Kashmir (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Rain and snow to lash Kashmir beginning Wednesday - Jan 02, 2012
- Rains, snow break long dry spell in Kashmir - Dec 07, 2011
Tags: cold wave, freezing point, gulmarg ski resort, haze, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmir valley, ladakh region, meteorological office, minimum temperature, minimum temperatures, night skies, night temperatures, north kashmir, pahalgam, sonam, south kashmir, srinagar, wave conditions, weather conditions