Kashmir car rally driver killed in crash, aide criticalJuly 2nd, 2012 - 1:39 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, July 2 (IANS) The prize distribution function for the Mughal Road Car Rally was cancelled here Monday following the death of a participating driver and critical injuries to his navigator, an official said.
“One of the participating drivers in the car rally, Jitender Singh of Punjab, died in vehicle crash at Simthan Pass while returning back to Srinagar in the rally,” Aamir Ali, in-charge of disaster management cell at the provincial administration, told IANS.
Jitender’s navigator Ashish was severely injured in the crash and has been admitted to Sher-e-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences Soura (SKIMS) in Srinagar, he said.
“Doctors have described his condition as critical. He has been put on life support system at the hospital,” Ali added.
- Kashmir car rally driver killed in crash, aide critical (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Mughal Road Car Rally navigator dies of injuries - Jul 03, 2012
- SPO shot at in Kashmir's Sopore - Aug 24, 2011
- National Conference worker shot at in Srinagar - Sep 15, 2011
- Legislator blames doctors for death of Kashmiri kids - May 17, 2012
- 18 injured in Srinagar bridge collapse - Aug 11, 2012
- Police man shoots wife, arrested - Mar 14, 2011
- Geelani freed by government - Aug 01, 2010
- Moderate intensity quake in Kashmir Valley - Feb 04, 2012
- Another teen dies in Kashmir, 20 hurt in clashes (Roundup) - Aug 25, 2010
- 'King of racers' aims to conquer Mughal rally - Jun 23, 2011
- Former militant, bystander shot at in Srinagar - Jun 07, 2012
- One killed, 24 injured in Kashmir car bomb blast (Second Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- Kashmir's Mughal motor rally to have bikes too - Apr 15, 2012
- Another teenager dies, Kashmir toll rises to 64 - Aug 25, 2010
Tags: ali, ashish, car rally, critical injuries, disaster management, doctors, kashmir, management cell, medical sciences, prize distribution function, provincial administration, punjab, rally driver, road car, skims, soura, vehicle crash