Kasab’s lawyer seeks time as Kasab demands chargesheet in UrduApril 21st, 2009 - 10:07 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Apr. 21 (ANI): Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone surviving gunman arrested in the Mumbai terror attacks, through his advocate has demanded an Urdu copy of the chargesheet filed against him.
His advocate Abbas Kazmi, who was appointed by the court last week, sought four weeks’ time to study the case and reply to the draft charges proposed by the prosecution.
Even earlier, Pakistan-origin Kasab had made a similar demand from the prosecution, citing lack of ability to decipher Marathi or English languages.
On Monday, the prosecution had proposed 312 charges against Kasab and two others for their alleged role in the Mumbai terror strikes.
Special public prosecutor Ujwal Nikam requested the court to order a probe to find out the actual age of Kasab, who claims to be a juvenile.
Kasab’s lawyer didn’t have any objection for the same.
So far, Kasab’s age claims have been rejected by special judge M L Tahilyani.
Next hearing in the case is scheduled for Wednesday.
Also on Tuesday, another accused, Sabauddin Ahmed claimed that he had been subjected to third degree torture methods by some police officers, who he urged should be dismissal of the concerned police officials.
He also demanded that two FBI officials, who had allegedly interrogated him, should be arrested.
Special judge Tahilyani has asked the police to file its reply to Sabauddin’s application. (ANI)
- Timeline of case against Kasab - Aug 29, 2012
- Timeline of 26/11 case - Feb 21, 2011
- Time line of Ajmal Amir Kasab's trial - May 02, 2010
- Nov 26, 2008 - May 3, 2010: timeline of 26/11 trial - May 03, 2010
- Pakistani terrorist retracts confession, alleges police pressure (Lead) - Apr 17, 2009
- Kasab spills 26/11 beans, then wants to retract confession (Roundup) - Apr 17, 2009
- 26/11 case: Bombay High Court dismisses Kasab's juvenile plea - Dec 14, 2010
- Mumbai attacks: Plea to examine US witnesses via video-conference - Jul 29, 2009
- Timeline of Mumbai terror attacks trial - May 02, 2010
- Timeline in 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks trial - Mar 31, 2010
- First phase of Mumbai terror attacks end (Lead) - Dec 16, 2009
- Kasab is over 20 years old - medical examiners tell court - Apr 28, 2009
- Full of drama, ups and downs, Kasab trial ends - Mar 31, 2010
- Clean shaven Kasab seeks a month to study chargesheet - Apr 21, 2009
- 26/11 trial: Kasab's lawyer sacked for non-cooperation - Nov 30, 2009
Tags: abbas, ahmed, amir, english languages, fbi, fbi officials, gunman, kasab, kazmi, mumbai, objection, police officers, police officials, prosecution, public prosecutor, reply, special judge, terror attacks, third degree, torture methods