Kasabs DNA matches with the blanket seized from MV KuberFebruary 5th, 2009 - 8:40 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Feb. 5, (ANI): The Mumbai police on Thursday said that the DNA of Mohammed Ajmal Kasab and the imprints of blankets seized from MV Kuber has been matched.
MV Kuber is the trawler, which brought the terrorists in Mumbai.
This proves that the terrorists travelled by Kuber. However, it is not clear how this aspect would help the police in its investigations, Mumbais joint police commissioner Rakesh Maria said.
The Police, however, believe that handing over of Kasab’’s DNA is a test for Pakistan, as this will have to be matched with that of his parents. But Kasab’’s parents are presently untraceable.
In fact they have not been seen since a Pakistani TV channel located them in Faridkot. Then Kasab’’s father had identified him as his son.
Kasab is the only terrorist captured alive during the Mumbai terrorist attacks in November 2008. (ANI)
- "Kasab's DNA matches imprints on hijacked trawler' (Lead) - Feb 05, 2009
- Timeline of case against Kasab - Aug 29, 2012
- Mumbai prosecutor Nikam demands death sentence for Kasab - May 04, 2010
- Mumbai court to hear arguments, may sentence Kasab today - May 04, 2010
- Timeline of 26/11 case - Feb 21, 2011
- Timeline of Mumbai terror attacks trial - May 02, 2010
- Timeline in 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks trial - Mar 31, 2010
- Kasab's quantum of punishment to be decided on May 6 - May 04, 2010
- Nov 26, 2008 - May 3, 2010: timeline of 26/11 trial - May 03, 2010
- Kasab denies all charges in Mumbai special Court - Jan 12, 2010
- Ill-fated Kuber's owner still shudders to recall 26/11 in Gujarat - Nov 26, 2009
- Kasab's DNA matches imprints on MV Kuber, probe shows - Feb 05, 2009
- Shiv Sena demands public hanging for Kasab - Aug 29, 2012
- Mumbai court charges Kasab with waging war against India - May 03, 2010
- Supreme Court backs death for Kasab (Third Lead) - Aug 29, 2012