Kasab reading Gandhis autobiography in jailMarch 21st, 2009 - 5:47 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, Mar 21 (ANI): Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, the lone terrorist captured in the Mumbai terror attacks last year, is reading Mahatma Gandhis autobiography My Experiments with Truth for the past one week.
Kasab is reading the Urdu version of the autobiography.
The 500-page book is often given to inmates as part of jail reforms and recreational programmes. The book is available in the jail library in several languages, including Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Gujarati, English, Kannada, and Urdu.
Kasab is the only terrorist captured alive by police during the operation while nine other terrorists involved in the terror attack at Taj, Oberoi-Trident Hotels and Nariman House besides Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus and Cama Hospital were killed. (ANI)
- High court to decide on Kasab death sentence Feb 21 (Second Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Kasab death sentence: Mumbai court to decide Feb 21 (Lead) - Feb 07, 2011
- Kasab gets the noose for 26/11 attack (Third Lead) - May 06, 2010
- Kasab held guilty for 26/11, two Indians freed (Third Lead) - May 03, 2010
- 26/11: India still awaits Pakistan's decisive action (Roundup) - Nov 26, 2011
- Pakistani Kasab guilty of 26/11, Indians absolved (Roundup) - May 03, 2010
- Mumbai terror attack footage to be screened in apex court - Feb 22, 2012
- Three years on, India remembers 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2011
- All set for 26/11 trial verdict - May 03, 2010
- Kasab guilty in 26/11 case, two Indians acquitted (Second Lead) - May 03, 2010
- Kasab weak, weary ahead of 26/11 verdict - Feb 20, 2011
- Chidambaram to pay homage to Mumbai terror attack victims - Nov 25, 2010
- Death for Kasab 18 months after 26/11 (Roundup) - May 06, 2010
- Mumbai remembers, prays for 26/11 victims - Nov 26, 2010
- Kasab guilty of 26/11, Indians absolved (Second Intro Roundup) - May 03, 2010