Kasab gets a lawyerMarch 30th, 2009 - 8:22 pm ICT by ANI
Mumbai, March 30 (ANI): A special court here today appointed Anjali Waghmare as the new lawyer for Ajmal Amir Kasab, the lone terrorist captured alive in the Mumbai terror attacks last year.
Waghmare, who is a lawyer from the state legal aid cell, will now represent Kasab.
Kasab, during an earlier court hearing on March 23, had said he wanted a lawyer to represent him during the trial and was ready to accept a government-appointed lawyer.
During the hearing, Kasab had also accepted the fact that he hailed from Faridkot in Pakistan.
Earlier, Mumbai Police sent a chargesheet against Kasab to the Home Ministry. The chargesheet includes the answer to how the boat was hijacked in Gujarat.
It also includes Kasab’s confession and transcripts of the conversations by attackers during the Mumbai attacks.
Mumbai police had filed an 11,500-page chargesheet in the terror attacks on February 25 in the Qila court. It had mentioned the names of Kasab and 44 others (including nine killed attackers) involved in the terror attack that claimed over 180 lives.
The chargesheet named LeT as the mastermind behind the attacks. (ANI)
- Timeline of case against Kasab - Aug 29, 2012
- Kasab admits he is from Pakistan - Mar 23, 2009
- Timeline of 26/11 case - Feb 21, 2011
- Time line of Ajmal Amir Kasab's trial - May 02, 2010
- Kasab trial to begin today - Mar 23, 2009
- Mumbai police send Kasab chargesheet to Home Ministry - Mar 07, 2009
- Timeline of Mumbai terror attacks trial - May 02, 2010
- Supreme Court reserves verdict on Kasab's plea (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Supreme Court backs death for Kasab (Third Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Kasab gets government lawyer, trial to start April 6 - Mar 30, 2009
- Supreme Court backs death for Kasab (Sixth Lead) - Aug 29, 2012
- Kasab attacked security guard in jail, court told - Sep 28, 2010
- Timeline in 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks trial - Mar 31, 2010
- Apex court to hear Kasab's plea Monday - Oct 09, 2011
- High court rejects Kasab plea to meet lawyers in isolation - Sep 29, 2010
Tags: amir, attackers, confession, conversations, court hearing, faridkot, gujarat, home ministry, lawyer, legal aid, mastermind, page chargesheet, pakistan, terror attack, terror attacks, transcripts