Karnataka Governor leaves for Delhi with final report on KarnatakaNovember 14th, 2007 - 8:32 am ICT by admin
The BJP has been critical of Thakur for not inviting its chief ministerial candidate B S Yediyurappa to form the government.
The Governor in his report has outlined the chronology of events since the fall of the JDS-BJP government headed by H D Kumaraswamy, sources said.
The various antics adopted by the BJP to pressurise the Governor for inviting it to form government, besides opinion of legal and constitutional experts on BJP’s claim to form the government, have been mentioned in Thakur’s report.
Newspaper cuttings and Congress letters to the Governor, have also been included in the report.
The BJP-JDS combine is reportedly preparing to parade its 129 MLAs before President Pratibha Patil on Tuesday.
Downplaying reports of any tension with the coalition partner BJP, the JD (S) leader and former Karnataka Chief Minister Kumaraswamy on Sunday said that the JD (S) support to BJP to form a coalition government in Karnataka was unconditional.
The President’s rule was imposed in the State on October 9 after BJP withdrew support from its coalition with the JD (S) due to differences over transfer of Chief Ministership as per the power-sharing agreement.
Three weeks after a bitter public spat, both parties came together deciding to form the next coalition in the State under B S Yediyurappa’s leadership. (ANI)
- Deve Gowda family has amassed Rs.1,500 crore assets: BJP (Lead) - Jun 28, 2011
- Three Karnataka ex-CMs named in mining scam FIR - Dec 08, 2011
- Files on Congress, JD-S corruption missing: Yeddyurappa - May 02, 2011
- Yeddyurappa: Clerk to chief minister to undertrial No.10462 - Oct 16, 2011
- BJP says Congress, JD-S encouraged mining mafia in Karnataka - May 09, 2011
- BJP demands Krishna's resignation over illegal mining - Dec 09, 2011
- Karnataka gets cabinet; ex-minister jailed, Yeddyurappa, Kumaraswamy summoned (Night Lead) - Aug 08, 2011
- JD-S claims Yeddyurappa's sons run trust to make money - Mar 09, 2011
- Politicians' illegal mining links leave Karnataka battered (Lead News Analysis) - Jul 22, 2011
- More political instability in store for Karnataka (Lead, Karnataka Newsletter) - Jul 21, 2011
- Gowda family involved in iron ore exports: BJP - Jun 14, 2011
- Another land scam probe against Kumaraswamy - Jan 02, 2012
- Yeddyurappa meets Gadkari, rubbishes opposition charges - Mar 10, 2011
- Karnataka crisis remains on boil - Oct 10, 2010
- JD-S to release more documents on Yeddyurappa's graft - Jun 15, 2011
Tags: bjp government, chief ministership, coalition partner, constitutional experts, jd, jds, karnataka chief minister, newspaper cuttings, political developments, power sharing, pratibha patil, president, union home minister