‘Karbi Festival’ to promote development in AssamJanuary 14th, 2011 - 5:54 pm ICT by ANI
Karbi Anglong, Jan 14 (ANI): With the decline of militancy in this autonomous district, the focus is now firmly on the over all development of the region and in tune with this a ‘Karbi Festival’ was recently organized here, which attracted participants from different parts of the northeast.
More than 120 artists including Achiks, Nagas and indigenous Karbis took part in the three-day long Karbi fest held at Kazir Ronghangpi village, near the Kaziranga National Park. The festival held under the aegis of Karbi Jutang Chingthur Amei (KJCA) showcased the rich and vibrant culture of the northeast.
The three-day long fun filled extravaganza was a perfect amalgamation of dance, food, art and culture in which artists sang traditional songs and performed their traditional dances.
“Performances by participants from different states and locals were done in their traditional dress to promote the culture of the region,” said Organizing Committee Secretary Sungjang Rengmain.
Indigenous Karbi cuisine that includes pork curry and rice beer was served during the fest to the delight of the visitors. Art and craft exhibition was part of the fest as well. Traditional jewellery and attires were displayed for the visitors.
The exhibition aimed at promoting the artisans and their products from the region.
“We feel happy coming here and we enjoy seeing the traditional dances of other regions. It is a good initiative. We are really happy to participate in this festival,” said Federick Spartex, a tourist.
Other than highlighting culture, the festival also promoted the idea of unity and oneness in the region. (ANI)
- Karbi Anglong's Ronthean Festival promoting a unique Assamese lifestyle - Dec 07, 2010
- Meghalaya culture comes to Delhi - Feb 26, 2011
- North-east spring festival: A cultural extravaganza - Mar 26, 2011
- Karbi youth festival celebrated with great fervor - Mar 10, 2010
- Assam host second tea festival in Jorhat District - Nov 27, 2010
- First ever Ethnic Mega Festival held in Assam - Oct 29, 2009
- Manipur promotes unity, oneness through Imphal national integration camp - Dec 07, 2010
- Chefs to churn out dishes at UAE date fest - Nov 19, 2011
- Shot in arm for roots theatre of northeast (With Images) - Apr 06, 2011
- Northeast Youth festival held in Nagaland - Oct 19, 2009
- Manipur hosts' cultural event to promote 'Tanghkul culture' - Jan 07, 2011
- Three-day tribal fair held in Arunachal Pradesh village - Jan 23, 2010
- Bihu dance workshop promotes Assamese traditions - Apr 12, 2011
- 2nd Chinjak food festival kick starts in Imphal - Nov 29, 2009
- Africa to offer cultural bouquet in capital May 18-20 - May 13, 2010
Tags: amalgamation, art and craft, art and culture, assam, attires, autonomous district, committee secretary, craft exhibition, curry and rice, food art, karbi anglong, kaziranga national park, militancy, organizing committee, rice beer, traditional dances, traditional dress, traditional jewellery, traditional songs, vibrant culture