Kanye West not giving up rapDecember 5th, 2008 - 5:32 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Dec 5 (ANI): Rapper Kanye West has denied giving up hip hop, insisting that the genre is still close to his heart.
The Stronger hitmaker was quoted as announcing he has finished with the genre and said “Hip-hop is over for me. I sing, not rap, on this album. I now want to be grouped among those musicians you see in those old black-and-white photos - the Rolling Stones, Jimi Hendrix, the Beatles.”
However, now he insists that his comments don”t mean that he will be giving up rap.
“I never said, ”Hip hop is over!” I perform hip hop every day of my life. Some paper out of the UK ran that as a quote. I”m in New Zealand and people have been asking me about it. I”ve done a hundred shows this year, Contactmusic quoted him as writing on his blog.
Yo bottom line is I work. I work to death and people try to find negativity in the positive energy I put out. The almost superhuman amount of work I put out. People really have there (sic) feathers ruffled about this album don”t they? Good!” he added. (ANI)
- Indian idioms for free-style western performances? The debate grows (Lifestyle Feature) (With Images) - Jun 29, 2012
- Kid Cudi Releases His New Album - Nov 10, 2010
- Nicki Minaj wants to be an author - Mar 14, 2012
- Kanye West vows never to swear again - Aug 18, 2010
- Lil Wayne plans career hiatus - Aug 05, 2012
- Jay-Z gives full-throated reply to rap's black critics - Sep 04, 2009
- MJ 'sacked longtime friend and collaborator Quincy Jones' - Sep 12, 2010
- 50 Cent's looking for 'bad b**ch' on Twitter - Sep 22, 2010
- Beth Ditto eager to write songs for Madonna - Jan 29, 2012
- I may contribute to Akshay's film again: Pakistani rapper Bohemia - Dec 27, 2010
- Will Smith returns to rap - Aug 18, 2011
- Minaj finds it boring to look sexy - Feb 15, 2012
- Serena Williams launches debut rap song - May 12, 2012
- Tuning in to tune out stress - the Bollywood way (With Images) - May 31, 2012
- Bollywood not obligated to absorb TV talent: Babul Supriyo - Jul 13, 2012
Tags: beatles, black and white photos, blog, bottom line, feathers, genre, heart, hip hop, hitmaker, jimi hendrix, kanye west, musicians, new zealand, old black and white photos, positive energy, rap, rolling stones