Kanye West likens himself to Princess DianaNovember 17th, 2008 - 12:40 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 17 (ANI): Rapper Kanye West has likened himself to Princess Diana in an online rant about his arrest over an alleged scuffle with paparazzi photographer in a nightclub in the UK.
The 31-year-old singer was arrested on the suspicion of assaulting a photographer in Newcastle club, but was later released.
West criticised the media, whose practices he deems intrusive.
Regardless of how much light I put out there are people working just as hard to only deliver darkness, British tabloid The Sun quoted him as writing on his blog.
If you listen to my music, how could I deliver so many positive, uplifting messages and be the monster the media paints.
Let us not forget that the paps killed Princess Diana. The exploitation of my image is the problem, he added.
The hip-hop star denied assaulting the photographer, insisting that he was just preventing him from taking images, and in all the commotion the camera scraped the paparazzos nose. (ANI)
- Kanye West UK snapper scuffle reports bogus - Nov 17, 2008
- Kanye West calls for ban on paparazzi intrusion - Nov 18, 2008
- Arrest warrant issued for Russell Brand after he tossed an iPhone out of the window - Mar 15, 2012
- Kanye West arrested - Nov 15, 2008
- Gaga's shaven head, tribute to friend's mother - Sep 13, 2012
- Gaga fears dying like Lady Diana - Dec 08, 2011
- Lady Gaga has an acute fear of dying - Dec 12, 2011
- Mike Tyson Sued by Paparazzi for Injuries - Oct 20, 2010
- Kanye West Sued For Attacking Photographer - Jan 06, 2011
- Kanye West to design scarves - Apr 06, 2011
- Russell Brand unlikely to face charges over US airport fight - Nov 19, 2010
- Hathaway sings with Benji Boko - Aug 27, 2011
- Mueller charged for cocaine possession - Feb 26, 2012
- Kanye West saved my life, says Amber Rose - Jun 22, 2010
- 50 Cent On Kanye West And Jay-Z Joint Venture - Jan 18, 2011
Tags: blog, british tabloid the sun, commotion, darkness, hip hop star, Images, kanye west, london, monster, music, newcastle, paps, photographer, princess diana, rant, suspicion, tabloid the sun, uplifting messages