Kamran Khan performance in IPL evokes warm responseApril 28th, 2009 - 1:19 pm ICT by ANI
Nadwa Sarai (Uttar Pradesh), Apr 28 (ANI): Villagers of Nadwa Sarai in Uttar Pradesh’s Mau District rejoiced the instant success of Kamran Khan, a pace bowler of Rajasthan Royals, in the ongoing Indian Premier League’s Twenty-20 tournament.
Left-arm seamer Kamran Khan got instant fame and success after he guided his team to victory in an edge-of-the-seat thriller against Kolkata Knight Riders.
Kamran, son of a poor woodcutter, started playing with a borrowed bat in his initial matches.
“From his childhood days, he was passionate about cricket. But due to poverty, he was unable to buy cricket bat and ball. So in order to keep his passion alive, he made a bat from a wooden piece with his own hands. He used to play with borrowed bat offered by his neighbours in outstation matches,” said Iqbal Khan, Kamran’s elder brother.Now after giving a match winning performance, the 18-year old Rajasthan Royals rookie left-arm pacer, who has not played even a single state-level tournament in either the junior Under-15 or senior teams, has become the apple of an eye for his village folk.
“We are extremely happy. All villagers are happy. Whenever he plays, we cheer for him, celebrate and dance,” said Shamim Khan, Kamran’s childhood friend.
The fate of Kamran, who slept on railway platforms in his hometown before his talent was recognised, was changed after Rajasthan Royals picked him for the second season of the IPL on an annual contract of US 24,000 dollars. (ANI)
- Goa Premier League kicks off despite BCCI threat (Lead) - Dec 24, 2010
- Rajasthan Royals need a win against Pune Warriors - May 12, 2012
- Keen tussle on cards as Chargers looks to spoil RCB's party (Preview) - May 19, 2012
- The fairytale story of Kamran Khan - Apr 24, 2009
- De Villiers wins hearts, gives his MOM award to Apanna - Apr 24, 2012
- Goa Premier League kicks off despite BCCI threat - Dec 24, 2010
- Six women dead in boat capsize - Mar 04, 2011
- Royal Challengers thrash Rajasthan Royals by 46 runs (Lead) - Apr 24, 2012
- Akmal brothers to play in Pak-Zimbabwe match - Mar 14, 2011
- Long way to go: Ganguly - Apr 06, 2012
- Pak opener Kamran Akmal may be axed over poor wicket keeping, batting in WC - Apr 01, 2011
- Kamran's 'impressive batting' behind his selection in Test squad: PCB selector - Jul 24, 2010
- Afridi takes four wickets, Pakistan beat Sri Lanka by 11 runs (Lead) - Feb 27, 2011
- Bowlers standing tall in IPL - May 03, 2012
- Malinga is the real game-changer: Harbhajan - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: bat and ball, childhood days, childhood friend, cricket bat, elder brother, instant success, ipl, iqbal khan, kamran khan, knight riders, left arm, neighbours, pacer, poor woodcutter, railway platforms, royals, second season, shamim, uttar pradesh, warm response